JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regarding those wanting to do away with the Reactions/"Likes". Here is a thread in the reloading section where a member has got his stuff together to get ready to start loading his own ammo. This post illustrates how valuable the reactions feature of NWFA can be. Looking at the bottom of the post tells the new re-loader how many people agree with the info given on the post. If I were reading this post, with the "reactions" that tells me that something important that I should pay attention to. You'll have to click the arrow to the right of "DizzyJ said:
You may not have to trim every case, but you should at least measure each one to see where you're at or if it needs it.

Generally there's a fair amount of leeway if you're at max length, but at some point you'll be pinching the end of the brass either with the end of the chamber or possibly a carbon ring that has accumulated at the end of the case mouth.

Tools and measurements equal knowledge! :D

Regarding those wanting to do away with the Reactions/"Likes". Here is a thread in the reloading section where a member has got his stuff together to get ready to start loading his own ammo. This post illustrates how valuable the reactions feature of NWFA can be. Looking at the bottom of the post tells the new re-loader how many people agree with the info given on the post. If I were reading this post, with the "reactions" that tells me that something important that I should pay attention to. You'll have to click the arrow to the right of "DizzyJ said:
You also need to click on the members list of those who replied to view who/ how many left which reaction!

Now what am I in trouble for? :D

I do hope forum owners realize just how important they are in this time of unprecedented social upheaval and change in America. They are providing an invaluable resource to those on the right who are being silenced by most other forms of social media.

My local Craigslist has two relevant forums; "Rants/Raves" and "Politics". Both are virtually empty with no traffic. Why? Because CL allows the public to flag anything that offends them. Get three or more offended people, and your post is deleted and you get a warning. Virtually everything posted gets flagged. So there is no political discourse, no sharing of ideas or discussing the facts.

Twitter and Facebook are silencing conservatives more and more every day. All forms of communication are virtually controlled by those with one political view. Just about the only place where conservatives are still the majority and can discuss what is happening to America, are gun forums. I'm on four different gun forums. Two have political/off-topic forums and the other two don't. I visit the two without political discussion much, much less often than those that allow it.

Please don't take away our last option to have our voices heard. It is greatly needed and greatly appreciated.

Now what am I in trouble for? :D

No trouble! :D

When I saw your post about trimming brass I realized how right you were. As a newb some years ago the reactions you received were a sort of confirmation of good advice. That would have been a help to me when I began loading my own back then.

I do hope forum owners realize just how important they are in this time of unprecedented social upheaval and change in America. They are providing an invaluable resource to those on the right who are being silenced by most other forms of social media.

My local Craigslist has two relevant forums; "Rants/Raves" and "Politics". Both are virtually empty with no traffic. Why? Because CL allows the public to flag anything that offends them. Get three or more offended people, and your post is deleted and you get a warning. Virtually everything posted gets flagged. So there is no political discourse, no sharing of ideas or discussing the facts.

Twitter and Facebook are silencing conservatives more and more every day. All forms of communication are virtually controlled by those with one political view. Just about the only place where conservatives are still the majority and can discuss what is happening to America, are gun forums. I'm on four different gun forums. Two have political/off-topic forums and the other two don't. I visit the two without political discussion much, much less often than those that allow it.

Please don't take away our last option to have our voices heard. It is greatly needed and greatly appreciated.

This exact thing has been running through my mind too as I've been reading here the last 2-1/2 months. I do get an overload of it, and will leave and do something else. All the links, opinions, give me a picture that I could never get by turning on the TV. I look at the source of all links, and ad salt. :D

I think a separate forum specifically set aside for cultural/political discussions would be a good idea, along with a disclaimer that one should not enter if they are sensitive to arguments and insults. It can still be moderated to cut down on personal attacks, but not so tightly moderated that quashes free exchange of ideas. Perhaps a requirement that a member must have a certain post count or time on the forum in order to view/participate in the forum.

One of my non-firearm sites has a similar forum and members must meet certain requirements to enter it. Seems to work OK. There are still some pretty heated exchanges, but it's a separate and somewhat obscure forum that doesn't detract from the overall positive and friendly tone of the rest of the site.

@joelink Instead of "Ignore" How about a Block Member option added in. If there is a newb that needs a little seasoning when it comes to haggling in the classifieds I can put him on "Ignore" or ice for a while. If it's a troll, gun god, keyboard crew chief, or common agitator I want the option to block them entirely. Just my .02

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top