Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Non firearm Japanese car Ricer Thread: My POS featured in glossy pages again :O)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by supergenius, Nov 4, 2011.

1. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

Those that have been around a while may remember the car thread we had going, and I posted my bubblegumbox in freshly featured in a 5 page spread in Honda Tuning magazine...

Well...... Tommy Lee Byrd approached me about putting my bubblegumpile in his "Sleeper" book a while back. Book just came out. REALLY well done. If youre a fan of the "sleeper" concept... Definately a cool coffee table book.

It is one of two Japanese cars in it and the only Honda in the book, and got a 3 page Spread. Also It got a perfect ten score on the sleeper scale LOL. Cant say enough about the job he did on the book AND article. VERY well done book ALOT of really dirty street raping machines in it. My tricky 10 second 4 door family hauler was definately in good comapny LOL. If you like that sort of thing, Its a really cool book, and not just because my junk made it in. Weird, I never would have thought my pile of bubblegum would be in 2 Magazines... Or Book or a magazine, or whatever... I just wanted it in Grown mens trembling nightmares LOL. boobshake

Recognized a few from YellowBullet.com. LOL. jasonz

IMG_20110916_183026.jpg

IMG_20110916_183103.jpg

IMG_20110916_183122.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Sleepers-Art-Deceptively-Fast/dp/1934709581

2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Cool! Definitely a sleeper, good job.

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

A 4-door Honda Accord!?!?! The quintessential sleeper platform. Awesome job!

4. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Hardly a "bubblegumpile", defiantly a sleeper. And a quick one at that.

Mr. Byrd has a good eye.

5. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Nicely done, if you don't already have one may I suggest a "baby on board" sign to top it off :D

6. TrueStory

TrueStory Tukwila, WA New Member

Wow, awesome car. You should post some better pics if you have some, those don't do it justice.

7. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

I do have a baby seat I put in the back of it (I dont have kids LOL)

Pics (These are from the Honda Tuning article... Tommy licenced the pics from Josh Mackey whom snapped the car originally For Honda Tuning):

htup_1009_01_z+1994_honda_accord_ex+passenger_side_front_view.jpg

htup_1009_03_z+1994_honda_accord_ex+engine_bay_view.jpg

htup_1009_06_z+1994_honda_accord_ex+passenger_side_rear_view.jpg

htup_1009_07_z+1994_honda_accord_ex+driver_side_front_view.jpg

htup_1009_08_z+1994_honda_accord_ex+engine_bay_view.jpg

8. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

33mvrww.jpg
    My sleeper, lol. Actualy just sold it, too expensive to upgrade american cars.

9. WFO

WFO Cottage Grove Active Member

Very cool.

Did you fab your own turbo header? I've got a couple guys around here that have asked me to build them turbo manifolds for Hondas.

Can you keep that thing quiet? Seems like that would be the hardest part of keeping the sleeper image going with a car like that.

Ever put any thought into E85? I'm running 26# and 22 degrees of timing on my Buick GN with it and it runs great. Smells good too. :D

Later,Sean

10. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

Killer car OP! sure looks like a lot of work went into it. Congrats on getting featured in a clip, I mean mag!

11. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Japanese & euro cars aren't much better. I had a turbo eclipse that cost a bundle to mod.
    Heres the current toy:

12. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

:thumbup: Very nice! Not too many cars like that around. Good job! I miss my Honda:(

Btw how did you make 750hp?