Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Nobody else saw the POSITIVE story on women and firearms on KOIN NEWS last night?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mark W., May 10, 2011.

1. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow I thought for sure this morning I would see a thread about KOIN News channel 6's story about Women and firearms. One of the best non biased stories on firearm I have seen in a long time.

Mediacenter - Koinlocal6.com

2. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

I did see it too. I also saw, then they showed the safe under the bed. I also noticed that she had a separate gun lock on the gun itself(maybe for the news crew to feel safe), with the woman saying she can have the safe open and gun loaded in 30 seconds. Then they kept saying women are better shooters, I do tend to agree, however, when they showed the grouping that the lady shot, the holes were all over the paper. Don't mean to be critical, because it was a pretty good story, but if you are going to report on women shooting better than men, at least have a target that sort of reflects it.

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I avoid that particular media source. I noticed the lock on it even though in a safe, talk about overkill. I wonder if that was the networks idea as she seemed to be rather inefficient at opening the cable lock. I also didnt like the fact of giving here full name along with showing where it is stored.

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WOW you guys can whine about anything. It was a positive story.

Be happy it wasn't typical bash the crazy gun owner story.

eldbillbo and (deleted member) like this.
  5. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

I dont think they are whining... just stating their observations about how many extra precautions she seemingly takes and rather or not those were influenced by the presence of a camera crew. I would assume so. I bet they wanted to portray it the best way though know how and that is to use every available safety mechanism she had. I guess that she put it back under her pillow when they left ;)

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I take it as "If you cant beat em, join em" especially with all the current shooting up there.

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I saw it last night.

She mentioned she almost pull the trigger, because someone crossed her fence. Good judgement?:huh:

Also, her husband must be really really bad shooter.:bluelaugh:

She closed her eyes and could not handle the recoil well. Hope she improve her skills :thumbup:

8. ds5160

ds5160 Milwaukie, OR New Member

I had problems with the connection, but did she say something about the range time improving her confidence since she hadn't shot for three years?

9. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Not a bad story, BUT..... like has been said above, do NOT give out your (her) full name, then where you KEEP your firearm stored, AND let people know that there isn't always adults around, and THEN show all the kid's photo's on TV up close.
    Again, not a bad story, and the news crew was also positive about it, the story had good intentions, but could have been a little more discrete about a few things...

Stay Safe.

10. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

true, showing where the firearm was stored was bad idea.

11. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

i saw a poor stance, a improper grip, flinching, and lack of recoil control. PAPA was not a good teacher. the woman needs some good instruction.

12. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Deadeye.... I noticed that also, I think it was more of a "safe storage" theme... they also said in the news clip, she can be ready to go in 7seconds... I don't think that includes removing a key cable lock ... I am glad to see that in an Anti gun City, they have good gun news... lets see more of that.

13. Markjz

Markjz Longview, WA Member

I'll back her up on the girls shoot better. every time I went for my weapon qualification 2/3 of the airmen who made marksman were women.

14. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

it WAS a super positive story- with a lot of BS thrown into it. nothing wrong with pointing any of that out.

thanks for posting, OP... that's awesome. wish our local media would run more stories like this.

15. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

some of you guys

grumly+muppets.jpg

16. Browning55

Browning55 Seattle-Everett Area Active Member

Would be nice to see something like that on KOMO 4, KING 5 and KIRO 7.
    Fat chance, huh?