Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

No way Jose

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Pirogue, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Pirogue

Pirogue Oregon Member

I went to the south salem post office to get info about mailing a shotgun to an ffl in another state. The mail-lady ,or to be non-sexist and politically correct, person-person said no can do. I would have to ship from an ffl to an ffl. She then began to advise me where a local dealer is located and that if I tried to mail it, it could be seized.
    My online research says otherwise, but Ill just use UPS.

Pirogue

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

She's wrong and needs to be retrained or fired.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....from an old post of mine.....

3. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Go in with a copy of the rules, if the person at the window has a problem, go to their manager.

4. Pirogue

Pirogue Oregon Member

Thanks ma.

5. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

being PC first mistake

as stated above go back and set the mailman straight, because a lie told enough and not challenged becomes the truth.

6. Pirogue

Pirogue Oregon Member

I ended up shipping UPS at the customer service center. No problems, just had to show recievers FFL copy.
    Just for grins though I stopped in at an idependent Postal Service shop in South Salem at the corner of Liberty and Skyline. I asked the owner operator whats involved in shipping a shotgun. He said its the same as shipping anything else no worries mate.
    I told him about the refusal I got at the official post office up the road, he was surprised and laughed, then he pulls out this big full colored laminated published by the USPS brochure about safe handling rules. It clearly shows that shotguns and rifles are no problem, their only restriction is on handguns. I know where I will go the next time for sure.

7. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

So you will allow the lie to be continued to be told over at the other post office, Instead of going to the first post office and having her look at that book of safe handling rules.

8. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

I am sorry to mention this, but Politically Correct that would have to be, at the minimum Per-girl Per-girl, possibly "Postal Per-Myn" a use of the "Myn" part of Wo-Myn, But there is not enough Coffee in my head, to correlate the KoR Ectal VerB-age, this early in the day!

"You can always tell, a Politically Correctal Hu-Myn, ..... But you Can't Tell them Much"

(This is after thousands of hours of MY own perSONal Therapy, after the youngest of my Children, who is now a Gradiated UniVerCity Master (??? Misteress) of Social Work, informed me, that there are Seventeen Gender Classifications....

I said..."there are Potenially, Three: Male, Female & Confused..." Which brought about a one sided silence that I really appreciated, after a while... That is, my head quit spinning, and stayed in its correct, frontal Location.... :D ;)

philip,

"I've been a Baaaaaaaddd Boyyyyyy, I will go stand inmy corner, again, but for the First time, today...."

"I' back, It does not take me long to stand in the corner now a daiz"

9. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

FYI Both the Fed-Ex & UPSlinks come up as Not found, per topic....

So anyone who uses them, might need to research deeper into New Regs, for both.

Philip,
    Coffee helps. Large Coffee Helps more better... :D

10. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

...."The Postal Service is on course to run a $7 billion deficit in the fiscal year that ends in September and, in the process, to run out of cash as it exhausts its line of credit with the U.S. Treasury"....

The losses stem in part from hefty personnel costs not borne by other federal agencies....and now they are begging their lord and master, presidente 0bongo for a bail out. (bless his holy name)

11. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I'd just say uninformed, under trained, Ill-mannered postal beeeyoootch.

Brutus out

12. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

Let me guess...... This lady (older, 50-60's) had curly shortish dirty blonde hair, glasses, and an attitude that said she hated her job and hated you even more? If it is this lady she is the worst employee that I have ever come in contact with. Even her co-workers hate her. I would suggest having a conversation with her manager.

13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Instead, maybe you should just beat her arse in the parking lot after quitting time. ;)

14. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I always said that there were 3 - male, female and in cases where surgery is involved - it.
    Of course it is confused.

15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

SEVENTEEN "gender classifications"?! Why is it that the more educated a person gets, the dumber they become?