JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to be a bounty hunter when I grow up.
I think alot of kids of my generation wanted to be bounty hunters.. but more like this guy

Return-of-the-Jedi-Screenshot.jpg

I blame Dog the Bounty Hunter for giving people the impression bounty hunters have more authority than they do,

A bounty hunter's power comes from the contract "bail agreement" they sign with their client, which includes permission to access the fugitive's residence at anytime. They certainly don't have this same agreement with any third party, unless the third party signed as a responsible party.

Under no circumstance does a bounty under have the authority to or can enter a third party's property without agreement or permission. Even if they know the fugitive is there, the third party can deny them entry and only actual badge wearing sworn law enforcement officers can enter the home with cause.

People only think bounty hunters have more power than LEOs, because that bail agreement does allow them to enter the fugitive's home forcibly anytime and under circumstances the LEO cannot, and again, only the fugitive's home.

There is a reason why there are case after case after case of bounty hunters getting arrested and charged with illegal entry, kidnapping, unlawful detainment, etc etc etc.

This is true.

Dudes banging on the door in the middle of the night with long guns while wearing masks and theatening to kick the door down? Yeah, that would have went down a lot different at my place.
I honestly don't know how I'd react to being awakened like that, but depending on how the lawsuit comes out, the homeowner in this case might have done it just right.

Seeing the police in my yard would have tempered my response I think.

I honestly don't know how I'd react to being awakened like that, but depending on how the lawsuit comes out, the homeowner in this case might have done it just right.

Seeing the police in my yard would have tempered my response I think.

I'm not sure I would have seen the police as they down low and in the street without their red and blue lights on, making zero declaration of police presence. In my eyes I see some turd with a weapon trying to gain violent entry to MY home. Someone doing what this "bounty hunter" did is not going make me come answer the door or front wondow and stick me head out. But yeah I hope that guy in new millionaire.

Last Edited:
Funny thing I never realized back then about "The Unknown Stuntman" theme sung by Lee Majors, an inside joke. The opening line is "I'm not the kind to kiss and tell, but I've been seen with Farah"

At the time, Lee Majors was married to Farrah Fawcett. :D

They were pretty much done by then, as song continues... "But some how they just don't end up as mine" and "But the hardest thing I ever do is watch my leading ladies Kiss some other guy while I'm bandaging my knee". I've always inferred he was whining about that smokin' hot red one peice walking away.

They were pretty much done by then, as song continues... "But some how they just don't end up as mine" and "But the hardest thing I ever do is watch my leading ladies Kiss some other guy while I'm bandaging my knee". I've always inferred he was whining about that smokin' hot red one peice walking away.
That I did not know. I was pretty young when that show was on, and knew little about stars and nothing about Hollywood gossip. Yeah, I can see how there's even more meaning in that line than I thought. :)

Typical cops and incompetent bounty hunters. A bounty hunter CAN "legally" enter premises IF they have/there is a reasonable doubt that the suspect is in or on the premises. Just randomly breaking into the homes of friends, family, motel rooms, etc., such as this, is ILLEGAL! the incompetent cops (typical of the breed, there are good cops, who know the law and enforce it, but they are rare in my experience) are also wide open to law suits for illegal actions and aiding and abiding. Any competent attorney will fry them, (RICO anyone?) assuming, of course, they go in front of a competent and honest (HAHAHAHAHA) judge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top