JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually Taylor v Taintor is considered to be one of the first legal encroachments of your 4th amendment rights. I believe its been challenged on that numerous times. You can't be going to the wrong place though ... you own all the consequences as a bond agent.
Your smart. :s0101:

I like you

Interesting comments. Anyone know if states like to make federal laws less restrictive, IE "crazy go nuts" on entering homes?

Funny thing on state laws vs federal. They can legally "try" as they make the laws more restrictive.. Just look at weapons

Not sure why TF the guy opened the door. I would have took cover and waited for the door to be kicked in. Then protected myself.

That or I would have called 911 and asked for an immediate dispatch of a couple social workers and then fired two shotgun blasts in the air.

They have to be from a balcony!

Interesting comments. Anyone know if states like to make federal laws less restrictive, IE "crazy go nuts" on entering homes?

Funny thing on state laws vs federal. They can legally "try" as they make the laws more restrictive.. Just look at weapons

I blame Dog the Bounty Hunter for giving people the impression bounty hunters have more authority than they do,

A bounty hunter's power comes from the contract "bail agreement" they sign with their client, which includes permission to access the fugitive's residence at anytime. They certainly don't have this same agreement with any third party, unless the third party signed as a responsible party.

Under no circumstance does a bounty under have the authority to or can enter a third party's property without agreement or permission. Even if they know the fugitive is there, the third party can deny them entry and only actual badge wearing sworn law enforcement officers can enter the home with cause.

People only think bounty hunters have more power than LEOs, because that bail agreement does allow them to enter the fugitive's home forcibly anytime and under circumstances the LEO cannot, and again, only the fugitive's home.

There is a reason why there are case after case after case of bounty hunters getting arrested and charged with illegal entry, kidnapping, unlawful detainment, etc etc etc.

Last Edited:
I'm sorry but there's so many things wrong with the OPs video.
1. Their in NY where it's almost impossible to get a gun to protect yourself and your family.

2. a bunch of guys dressed in black come to your house with guns, not yelling police? In most American cities (the ones left) your starting a shootout.

3. This guy opens his door to gunman with his Wife and kid inside. I'm sorry, there's no F-ing way that's happening at my house.

4. They illegally search his house with no warrant, or proof the brother had any contact or known address there.

5. Those LEOs sat back and watched it all happen without stepping up and getting involved.

I hope this family sues and win millions, enough to get the Heck out of NY

I'm sorry but there's so many things wrong with the OPs video.
1. Their in NY where it's almost impossible to get a gun to protect yourself and your family.

2. a bunch of guys dressed in black come to your house with guns, not yelling police? In most American cities (the ones left) your starting a shootout.

3. This guy opens his door to gunman with his Wife and kid inside. I'm sorry, there's no F-ing way that's happening at my house.

4. They illegally search his house with no warrant, or proof the brother had any contact or known address there.

5. Those LEOs sat back and watched it all happen without stepping up and getting involved.

I hope this family sues and win millions, enough to get the Heck out of NY
I wanted to reply but you summed it up perfectly.
Bounty Hunters should be nixed. They are given way too much privilege over citizens. I wouldn't have opened the door, if I saw somebody with a shotgun outside my house (not in NY) I would be standing in there waiting for that door to be breeched while on the phone with 911... Somebody would have died, especially when the foot hit the door, that's an attempt.

Ability
Opportunity
Justification
has been satiated, weapons hot.

1614964484275.png

And NY isn't a stand your ground state either.

I think that could have gone very bad very fast.

Personally I wouldn't open the door for them at all. They kick the door in during the middle of the night (or any time really) without a warrant and properly identifying themselves as officers of a proper law enforcement agency, that's felony breaking and entering + assault with a deadly weapon + illegal search. Use of lethal force to protect your home and family would be authorized and justified.
Tell that to Breonna Taylor.

I agree wholey.

Given the obvious threat, is waiting really required?
Yes. The door is still a barrier.
notice it's once door is breeched does hell break loose.

Yes, it is light outside the door, dark inside. They cannot see or narrow in on you as a target so that's why the closed door is to your benefit. I had somebody Know say they would just start shooting through their closed door if somebody was on their porch during civil unrest. Not the best idea. Notice the low ready on the shot gun.. still 'not a threat' when you aren't being targeted inside (pointed at).

Lots of variables but no, through a closed door... ain't pullin trigger

Last Edited:
Notice the low ready on the shot gun.. still 'not a threat'
It appeared to me that vocal threats were being issued. Intent to perform an armed home invasion, communicated verbally with visual confirmation of ability to perform the threatened act, seems like a legitimate and credible threat.

may break and enter his house for that purpose
Reading the case it states the suspect's house, not others. Here is a case where the bounty hunters were arrested for the same:
Bounty Hunters Arrested
Or THIS ONE, where the bounty hunters were arrested and had...wait for it...warrants! :s0140:

Sounds like a 4th Amendment violation
With the police there giving comfort to the enemy, could be. Think the (likely supervisor) at the end knew this and was trying to smooth this over. Didn't work.

Question for those that are smart on this.

I assume that bondsman verify the listed address at signing somehow? As in, lets say s@itbird is getting bonded, but puts a random address down, that he or she has no affiliation with. Do they make the real owner come and sign or does the bonded just be trusted on their own word?

I would like to think this doesn't happen, but based on how training isn't mandatory, I wonder.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top