JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

But Dad.....why do I need to carry around all that extra weight in my backpack?

Because......
Next-School-Shooter.jpg

Aloha, Mark

It's unconstitutional...at least to those of reasonable intelligence and common sense that are familiar with the history of "arms." Armor was as integral to a knight, for example, as was his sword and he wouldn't go into battle without both.

The word "armour" began to appear in the Middle Ages as a derivative of Old French. It is dated from 1297 as a "mail, defensive covering worn in combat". The word originates from the Old French armure, itself derived from the Latin armatura meaning "arms and/or equipment", with the root armare meaning "arms or gear".

This, of course, doesn't mean the idiots in New York won't try to ban it. Because a statist's gotta state. :rolleyes:

Didn't watch the video. Saw it was Mr Harrell and just surrendered.

PS: While just getting into guns and didn't know who he was, I was standing next to him at a PDX gun show and a bunch of people came around all friendly and smiles. I remember the jacket and hair. And he acted just like the guy in the videos.

What is wrong with Mr. Harrel? I watched the video and it was good. Please be exact, and no personal attacks of course, but explain why Mr. Harrell is not worth watching and/or wrong.

In my opinion not only are the leaders of these states off the rails but the voters that elected these train wrecks are just as wacky. Let's not forget to place blame where is belongs.

In WA State CCW / Self Defense insurance is illegal.
Washington state law prohibits insurance that covers criminal activity.
Hence it assumes that anyone who carries or uses a gun to defend him/herself must be a criminal.

In WA State CCW / Self Defense insurance is illegal.
Washington state law prohibits insurance that covers criminal activity.
Hence it assumes that anyone who carries or uses a gun to defend him/herself must be a criminal.
As you know there are lots of really smart people in the State of Washington that think that way. They are so smart that they elect stellar politicians that have created a fine and wonderful state. Just that simple.

If banning protective equipment such as this, then they should also ban seat belts, motorcycle helmets, bridge railings, eye goggles, face masks, and everything else that protects people's lives and well-being.

Just as with gun laws most voters in NY will hear of this and not care. Saying "I don't want a vest so I don't care. Works the same way with the gun laws gun owners ignore because they feel it will not hurt them. :s0092:
Actually in big cities armored backpacks are way more common than you would think! During the last "Normal" Back to school season Bullet resistant backpacks was pretty high on the most searched items on the internet.
Most have a panel in the back but some have a pull over front panel. they also sell bullet resistant ball caps.
Most of the good stuff comes from Israel, but it is becoming more popular here and is starting to be made here.
I will be willing to bet that the people with money in NY either put a stop to this or carve out an exception for themselves! With all these kids walking around with that kind of protection, you can bet their parents have some too! I know a lawyer that carries a Briefcase that unfolds into a 18x 30 shield. since it doesn't look tactical no one even looks twice at it. DR

Actually in big cities armored backpacks are way more common than you would think! During the last "Normal" Back to school season Bullet resistant backpacks was pretty high on the most searched items on the internet.
Most have a panel in the back but some have a pull over front panel. they also sell bullet resistant ball caps.
Most of the good stuff comes from Israel, but it is becoming more popular here and is starting to be made here.
I will be willing to bet that the people with money in NY either put a stop to this or carve out an exception for themselves! With all these kids walking around with that kind of protection, you can bet their parents have some too! I know a lawyer that carries a Briefcase that unfolds into a 18x 30 shield. since it doesn't look tactical no one even looks twice at it. DR
How "common" are AR 15's? How many gun owners watch as law makers work to take them?
How common is the Ruger 10/22? Gun owners in my state sat on their hands and watched them classified as an Assault weapon with new restrictions on buying one. Pardon me if I do not hold my breath waiting for the voters in NY who over overwhelmingly vote in people like the mayor of NYC, and the Governor of the state to get upset over this law.:s0092:

Government not wanting me to own something makes me want to own it even more!

Just makes me want to buy another set!

Sort of On Topic - I was cleaning and re-organizing the family and realized that depending on the gun, they are in various states of prepared. Empty, cruiser ready, full mag and one in the pipe. I was thinking the Gubmint wants me to keep them under lock and key 24/7.

Then I stopped myself and said outloud, "Oh wait! These are mine.".

The more ridiculous they get, the less likely I am to care about any of their rules.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads