JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over COVID fears.

"Maintaining this presence, or even a scaled back minimum presence for 2022, represents a significant health risk to all 2,600 of our employees across our 13 U.S. locations, as individuals attending the show return to our facilities and risk continued exposure to our entire employee base.""

Honestly, shot show can just go away.

I always wanted to go, but social media influencers ruined it.

I don't blame them. Why put a ton of money into promotions when you already can't meet demand? Add to that all the BS folks would have to endure with the C19 restrictions and it's an easy call to make.

I don't blame them. Why put a ton of money into promotions when you already can't meet demand? Add to that all the BS folks would have to endure with the C19 restrictions and it's an easy call to make.
I think you've nailed it. We shouldn't be trying to read anything else into this. SIG-Sauer is certainly doing well enough that they don't have to waste a few hundred thousand dollars for a week sucking up to "industry insiders."

Having essentially all of the small arms contracts for the US military probably doesn't create cause to advertise at this venue... why bother?

Imagine a world where people who were afraid of getting sick quarantined themselves into tighter and tighter bubbles for "safety," and the people who weren't kept living their lives.

Imagine a world where people who were afraid of getting sick quarantined themselves into tighter and tighter bubbles for "safety," and the people who weren't kept living their lives.
Eh, SIG is a corporation. That makes business decisions. SHOT is essentially just a lot of in-person advertising, meet'n'greet, dog'n'pony shows, networking and dinners and drinks on the company dime. SIG did a cost-benefit analysis and determined they don't need to show up.

While the company shills may mention the pandemic, I can't see that this really has anything to do with people being afraid to get sick. We're gonna see businesses (and government) using COVID-19 as an excuse, rationale or reason for everything under the sun for probably the next decade. The pandemic is already being held responsible for systemic racism, global warming and illegal immigration...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top