JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While browsing today I ran across this. Disappointing to say the least.

Screenshot_20221126-235919_Chrome.jpg

It's definitely a crappy situation, but honestly I don't blame the seller.

The new law down there in Oregon is the worst in the US. If the seller were just selling mags that would easily make it to your house before the 8th that's one thing.

I'm not selling any firearms to oregon residents right now either, it is too close to the deadline and can't confirm that they'd get it before then. Some people have offered me cash and willing to take the risk on the background check not clearing before the 8th and saying I can keep the money and if they don't hear back just leave gun at ffl until they can get it figured out. Nah I'm not that kind of guy. I'd feel bad if someone paid me money and the gun is just sitting at the dealer until the state figures their sh#t out. Also not sure how it would work if I did refund them and try and pick up the gun after the 8th with the new laws. Can I even get my gun back as the seller?

I'll sell mags in Oregon but with the new law coming up on your guys heels I wouldn't want to do any transfers down there either.

It's definitely a crappy situation, but honestly I don't blame the seller.

The new law down there in Oregon is the worst in the US. If the seller were just selling mags that would easily make it to your house before the 8th that's one thing.

I'm not selling any firearms to oregon residents right now either, it is too close to the deadline and can't confirm that they'd get it before then. Some people have offered me cash and willing to take the risk on the background check not clearing before the 8th and saying I can keep the money and if they don't hear back just leave gun at ffl until they can get it figured out. Nah I'm not that kind of guy. I'd feel bad if someone paid me money and the gun is just sitting at the dealer until the state figures their sh#t out. Also not sure how it would work if I did refund them and try and pick up the gun after the 8th with the new laws. Can I even get my gun back as the seller?

I'll sell mags in Oregon but with the new law coming up on your guys heels I wouldn't want to do any transfers down there either.
How about those with CHL's, or are those now slow to process as well?

How about those with CHL's, or are those now slow to process as well?
Most chl holders will be instant but some aren't. Case and point my buddy down there has chl and still isn't always instant. I did a transfer 2 weeks ago with a guy who had chl and he didn't get his gun for 4 days. I did another transfer shortly after with a guy who has CHL and his CDL drivers license and he was a instant approval. So sometimes it just depends and I can't take the risk of the gun being stuck in limbo and either keeping somebody's money and making them figure it out with the ffl/state OR refunding and hope on getting my gun back from ffl when I'm an out of state seller with no permit to purchase

Disappointing for sure. Before 114, you could find the same thing right here from OR sellers re: WA buyers. Sadly, the "2A community" is fractured. Great news for the antis!

Many GB sellers Won't sell anything to California to be on the safe side.Who knows what stupid law they came up with that is unknown to america until its to late .Oregon is now the new California .:(

The seller I just bought my rifle from made sure to ship my rifle out asap because of 114. It was a extra 100 to get it in two days. He was great to work with

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top