JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very sad and soon could happen in WA. I hope Oregon can avoid this.

Already happening in Oregon, in some stores, such as BiMart. They have taken it upon themselves to deny Constitutional Rights to folks under 21. And yet folks are still pleased to support BiMart, and even Fred Meyer, who did the same thing last year. So when it happens at the state level in Oregon, apathy will prevail.

Already happening in Oregon, in some stores, such as BiMart. They have taken it upon themselves to deny Constitutional Rights to folks under 21. And yet folks are still pleased to support BiMart, and even Fred Meyer, who did the same thing last year. So when it happens at the state level in Oregon, apathy will prevail.
Agreed, I wish the 18-20 year olds would make this a bigger issue but many of them seem oblivious. You can bet if the same stores refused to sell this group condoms, birth control meds, video games, etc they would be raising hell. Maybe

Sorry......I wasn't able to read the actual article on the link. But, I searched and was able to read another article on the subject.

My reaction : Young ADULTS*, 18-20, have been joining the military and defending our freedom. Yet, they can't even purchase their own rifle and ammo because, you don't trust them? Jerry BROWN, you're an Anti-American scumbag.

"Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns."

*Governor.....the USMC has a training depot right there in San Diego. Perhaps, you should have taken a trip down there before signing.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
maybe someone should ask publicly, in front of cameras, at the Capitols in these states, if they believe 18-20 year olds should not be asked to serve in the duties of Police/LEO and Military. Then we will see their true colors :rolleyes:

After all; the eligible age to enter Military and Police/LEO service is currently 18, correct?
If 18-20 year old adults are not responsible enough to be afforded the right to own guns, maybe they are not responsible enough to be afforded the right to enter armed service as Police personnel or Military personnel?

If the Politicians disagree that 18-20 is too young to enter the LEO service and Military service, then ask them why do they want to send young adults to die in service for the citizens and civilians ?

dogs.jpeg

I'm okay with it, with some caveats. Here's why. LEO's and military both get exhaustive firearms training. Most civilians do not. Now any 18-20 year old LEO or military member or other profession with this training should be exempt and able to purchase any legal firearm/ammo. My state {Washington} has no requirement for firearms class or proficiency for purchase other than background check. I understand there are some states that do. I applaud them for doing so.
It is well established the brain is not fully developed as far as the ability to understand consequences of action until early to mid 20's. One can assume LEO or military training helps in this regard. Let's hope so.

The average 18-20 year old is ill equipped for the responsibility of firearms ownership. I'm not talking about the youth who was brought up hunting or with competitive shooting sports. These individuals could challenge a pre-requisite class and successfully perform a proficiency evaluation. And if successful be issued a wallet card or other document, similar to the process of obtaining a drivers license in Washington state. A perfect system? No. A step in the right direction? I believe so.

As always, your comments opinions and constructive criticisms are welcome.

View attachment 506379

I'm okay with it, with some caveats. Here's why. LEO's and military both get exhaustive firearms training. Most civilians do not. Now any 18-20 year old LEO or military member or other profession with this training should be exempt and able to purchase any legal firearm/ammo. My state {Washington} has no requirement for firearms class or proficiency for purchase other than background check. I understand there are some states that do. I applaud them for doing so.
It is well established the brain is not fully developed as far as the ability to understand consequences of action until early to mid 20's. One can assume LEO or military training helps in this regard. Let's hope so.

The average 18-20 year old is ill equipped for the responsibility of firearms ownership. I'm not talking about the youth who was brought up hunting or with competitive shooting sports. These individuals could challenge a pre-requisite class and successfully perform a proficiency evaluation. And if successful be issued a wallet card or other document, similar to the process of obtaining a drivers license in Washington state. A perfect system? No. A step in the right direction? I believe so.

As always, your comments opinions and constructive criticisms are welcome.

There is plenty of room down there for you to enjoy that kind of legislation, Washington is not spelled California.

You asked for criticism, you got it. Let me make it simpler for you. You asked for someone over 25 to make a comment, I'm over 25 and made a comment.

You made the conditions and they have been met. Don't play the game if you can't handle the rules you made.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top