JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This afternoon I was dispatched to tow a broken down rig from North Portland (near St. Johns) down to Salem. As I'm rolling up to the street the vehicle is supposed to be on - I see about a dozen Portland Police rigs blocking the road, crime scene tape stretched between houses across the road, and the local news vans setting up. Look up and see news choppers driving by. "Oh, ****" I say to myself "looks like a shooting." Sure enough, the car's owner confirmed there was a shooting just before he got home from work. Turns out it was a drive by - no one injured according to early news reports. There were half a dozen detectives in plain clothes with external armor on, going door to door.

Damn gang bangers, most likely.

I couldn't have been happier to get the car loaded up and get the heck out of there. St Johns has been undergoing gentrification for a while, but it seems that a certain element is hanging on. At least the neighborhood isn't as bad as it was 10-12 years ago...

This afternoon I was dispatched to tow a broken down rig from North Portland (near St. Johns) down to Salem. As I'm rolling up to the street the vehicle is supposed to be on - I see about a dozen Portland Police rigs blocking the road, crime scene tape stretched between houses across the road, and the local news vans setting up. Look up and see news choppers driving by. "Oh, ****" I say to myself "looks like a shooting." Sure enough, the car's owner confirmed there was a shooting just before he got home from work. Turns out it was a drive by - no one injured according to early news reports. There were half a dozen detectives in plain clothes with external armor on, going door to door.

Damn gang bangers, most likely.

I couldn't have been happier to get the car loaded up and get the heck out of there. St Johns has been undergoing gentrification for a while, but it seems that a certain element is hanging on. At least the neighborhood isn't as bad as it was 10-12 years ago...
Wait just a dog gone minute!
This was in Multnomah County?

I have a hard time believing your story because the PDX commissionerz passed a law forbidding the discharge of a firearm within the limits of MultCo and PDX!! :)

Thanks to Light Rail, most of the problem moved out my way. Been to the SE Rockwood area lately?

That damn light rail has exported crime to every location it has been built. Even down to Wilsonville and all along its route. Its the worst thing to ever happen to the region. Liberals love it. Gives em more reasons to make laws to control more people.
We need to treat criminals as it was done in the 1800's ! Fast and efficient dispatch. By citizens, not by militarized LE.
Behave and be civil or be dead.

That would end gang problems.
It would end most rape, assault, child molesting and similar crimes overnight.

That damn light rail has exported crime to every location it has been built. Even down to Wilsonville and all along its route. Its the worst thing to ever happen to the region. Liberals love it. Gives em more reasons to make laws to control more people.
We need to treat criminals as it was done in the 1800's ! Fast and efficient dispatch. By citizens, not by militarized LE.
Behave and be civil or be dead.

No.........................Really................

How do you HONESTLY feel about this?:D:rolleyes:o_O:confused::cool::(;):):D

These kind of reports just reinforce what most "aware" people know.:rolleyes:;)

The USA is headed for "destruction".:(:(:(:(

The only question is; Will it happen in my lifetime?:confused:o_O

Being 66, I think it will be close...........................:mad::(

And I complain about Medford.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Snipped...

Just to clarify, from my view on that.... The highlighted item, should hung, from that which the used to perform the crime....

And Then drawn & Quartered by Four good Horses trained for Plowing..... Not that I dislike that species of criminal activity, but I does believe, that if Even One Potential Rapist saw the resulting punishment fits the crimes... Well, the horses can go back to Plowing once in a
While :rolleyes:

philip or, they could be tied near an Ant Hill, and get covered with Honey.... Their Choice!!!! :p

Crime is so concentrated along light rail in Washington County, there are ops there all the time.

My son is working as a paramedic for AMR right now and says the cops are saying the gang bangers are fixing to have a big war...shootings pretty much every day. At least the last few have connected with kill shots, so this wounding and winging bullshot is hopefully over with.

You can put all the lipstick in nopo you want it's still filled with gang bangers and societies trash.
Since the 90s and height of the gang wars in CA a lot of the minorities moved up the I5 corridor. It's also a drug trafficking highway.

Jails and courts are a joke. Just like muslim terrorists, the only way to win is to eradicate the evil.
We are seeing more and more gang graffiti here in Vancouver in nice neighborhoods.
All it take is one or two section 8 apartment complexes and the trash moves in. Instead of making communities except this trash we need to contain it. It's just the govts way of destroying all of America instead of the ghettos.
Thanks liberals.

All I can say is bring on the gentrification. In that regard, hipsters are like the Marines - first ones in. It's working on Williams.

I grew up in St. Johns and recently bought a condo near the 'downtown' area, so I'm pulling for this a bit harder than most :)

You can put all the lipstick in nopo you want it's still filled with gang bangers and societies trash.
Since the 90s and height of the gang wars in CA a lot of the minorities moved up the I5 corridor. It's also a drug trafficking highway.

Jails and courts are a joke. Just like muslim terrorists, the only way to win is to eradicate the evil.
We are seeing more and more gang graffiti here in Vancouver in nice neighborhoods.
All it take is one or two section 8 apartment complexes and the trash moves in. Instead of making communities except this trash we need to contain it. It's just the govts way of destroying all of America instead of the ghettos.
Thanks liberals.

Agree 100%.

Medford is FAST becoming "Little Portland".

I live 15 miles outside Medford, and it's getting to the point I Can't Stand to go into the city.

Just yesterday, I was traveling on a 2 lane 55 mph road, going 58.
I know, cuz I always use cruise control when I can.......
Small car comes up behind me, about 2 car lengths behind.o_O

I tap my brakes 4-5 times.
No response.:confused:
I do it again.
The car backs off another car length.:rolleyes:

Then comes up again to within 2 car lengths.:confused:
I tap my brakes again.
No response.:(

I tap my brakes again 4-5 times.

Now, I'm getting PIZZED.:mad::mad::mad:
I hit my brakes hard, not panic stop, but hard enough that my briefcase slid off my seat, all the while watching the car behind me, ready to hit the gas ifthey don't react.

I notice the front dip, so I know they had to hit the brakes hard.
Then I speed up to 58 again.:)

They come right back up to my tailgate!:mad:
I hit the brakes again.
The front of their car dips again.

So, seeing the stop light about 1/4 mile ahead, I slowed down to 30....this was still a 55 zone.

NOW they're 1 car length behind me:confused:

I get in the left lane, the other car gets in the straight ahead lane.:cool:

I roll down my window......actually I didn't ROLL it down, I hit a button.:cool:

Big Fat lady rolls her window down, so I yelled "Don't you know it's dangerous to tailgate, and it Pizzes people off!?":mad:

She responds; "I was 2 car lengths behind you.":rolleyes:o_O:confused:

I respond; "Do you know how far you should have been behind me going 55?"

She responds; But I was 2 car lengths behind you. What's your problem?":eek::mad:

OK, I see where this is going..............an Obliviot....o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused::(.

I just said a few choice words, made a choice gesture, and turned left................:mad::(;)

This kinda crap happens daily...............I'm certain it's far worse in PTLD, but I don't live up there for a reason...............:rolleyes:

I don't DESERVE to get Pizzed off like this!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::(

Courts?

I read the overnight felony arrests every AM.

Felony Assault...you're out on your Own Recog.
Felony Theft...OR
Felony sales of Heroin....OR
Felony whatever except Murder........OR

Voilate your Probation?.....MAYBE you are locked up:oops:

Graffiti...........I could tell you all about that, the increases, and MUCH more, but I'm trying to stay incognito.:D:)

OK, I'm off to Wal Mt. to pick up my road flares I ordered.....MAYBE pick up some Vodka too...:D:D:D:D:D

Rant over!

Thanks for listening. ;)
VERY SELDOM do I rant.:)
I must have been Pizzed:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Agree 100%.

Medford is FAST becoming "Little Portland".

I live 15 miles outside Medford, and it's getting to the point I Can't Stand to go into the city.

Just yesterday, I was traveling on a 2 lane 55 mph road, going 58.
I know, cuz I always use cruise control when I can.......
Small car comes up behind me, about 2 car lengths behind.o_O

I tap my brakes 4-5 times.
No response.:confused:
I do it again.
The car backs off another car length.:rolleyes:

Then comes up again to within 2 car lengths.:confused:
I tap my brakes again.

I tap my brakes again 4-5 times.

Now, I'm getting PIZZED.:mad::mad::mad:
I hit my brakes hard, not panic stop, but hard enough that my briefcase slid off my seat, all the while watching the car behind me, ready to hit the gas ifthey don't react.

I notice the front dip, so I know they had to hit the brakes hard.
Then I speed up to 58 again.:)

They come right back up to my tailgate!:mad:
I hit the brakes again.
The front of their car dips again.

So, seeing the stop light about 1/4 mile ahead, I slowed down to 30....this was still a 55 zone.

NOW they're 1 car length behind me:confused:

I get in the left lane, the other car gets in the straight ahead lane.:cool:

I roll down my window......actually I didn't ROLL it down, I hit a button.:cool:

Big Fat lady rolls her window down, so I yelled "Don't you know it's dangerous to tailgate, and it Pizzes people off!?":mad:

She responds; "I was 2 car lengths behind you.":rolleyes:o_O:confused:

I respond; "Do you know how far you should have been behind me going 55?"

She responds; But I was 2 car lengths behind you. What's your problem?":eek::mad:

OK, I see where this is going..............an Obliviot....o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused::(.

I just said a few choice words, made a choice gesture, and turned left................:mad::(;)

This kinda crap happens daily...............I'm certain it's far worse in PTLD, but I don't live up there for a reason...............:rolleyes:

I don't DESERVE to get Pizzed off like this!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::(

Courts?

I read the overnight felony arrests every AM.

Felony Assault...you're out on your Own Recog.
Felony Theft...OR
Felony sales of Heroin....OR
Felony whatever except Murder........OR

Voilate your Probation?.....MAYBE you are locked up:oops:

Graffiti...........I could tell you all about that, the increases, and MUCH more, but I'm trying to stay incognito.:D:)

OK, I'm off to Wal Mt. to pick up my road flares I ordered.....MAYBE pick up some Vodka too...:D:D:D:D:D

Rant over!

Thanks for listening. ;)
VERY SELDOM do I rant.:)
I must have been Pizzed:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

NoFlinch, Don't hold BACK, tell us how you Really feel!!!!

philip :s0101:

NoFlinch, Don't hold BACK, tell us how you Really feel!!!!

philip :s0101:

OK, here's how I really feel;

Ordered road flares from wal mt. on line, as they don't stock them:rolleyes:o_O

Got an email 10 days later, saying they are in.

OK........

Went in to pick them up:)today.

Wal Mart; "Do you have some ID?"

Me; Uh, no, I'm just here to pick up $14.00 worth of road flares. Do I need an Id for that?"

WM; "We have to prove you are you."

Me; "My ID's in the truck way out in the parking lot. I'm not going to walk all the way out there."

WM; I'm sorry, we can't sell them to you without an ID. Anyone could have ordered these, and we have to prove you are you."

ME; I understand that, and appreciate the security. But if I were going to commit fraud, do you think I would do it buying $14. worth of road flares? I would probably try to buy a TV, Stereo, computer, or something else, don't you think?"

WM; "Sorry, we need an ID"

ME: "Here's the credit card I ordered it with. Can't you override your "company Policy?"

WM; "Sorry"

Me; "OK, can I see the store manager please".

Store Manager; "it's company policy..................".

Bla, bla, bla............

I understand and respect security policies, but there should be some sort of "Store Manager discretion" available.

So, I'll buy my flares elsewhere.......and I will use WM as a Last resort when shopping from now on.

Sheese, what a bunch of BOZO'S:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:confused::confused::(:(

NOW, would you like me to discuss the 2 months it took me to get Wal Mart to STOP labeling Lays Potato Chips as "11 Oz for $2.69 @ $.21 cents per oz, when they were actually 9.5 oz bags?

THAT was FRAUD!

Wheres that Vodka:(:confused::confused::D:D:rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:confused::confused::confused::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last Edited:
Hey No Flinch. I feel your aggravation at moronic drivers but, it's your fault you even went into Walmart. I think that's where morons are birthed. I don't deal with that place! Ever!

Bad drivers? I drive in the right lane of life. I don't get pissed off. One day it may not be a fatty in the car, may be some rambo type…and I'd hate to use up a .45acp round because of tailgating.:)

Will

Hey No Flinch. I feel your aggravation at moronic drivers but, it's your fault you even went into Walmart. I think that's where morons are birthed. I don't deal with that place! Ever!

Bad drivers? I drive in the right lane of life. I don't get pissed off. One day it may not be a fatty in the car, may be some rambo type…and I'd hate to use up a .45acp round because of tailgating.:)

Will

Will - with what you tow, you gotta live in the right lane!

Will

...."Caution, due to the increase in the Price of Ammo, Warning Shots are No longer Given..."

Yessir, it used to be Polite, to give a Tail Gater a Warning Shot, across the Bumper, so to Speak... But nowadaze, just go for the Tire!

philip :confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads