JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't/wasn't THAT......what the Constitution already had in mind way back then?

Actually.....it was probably more like......

NO PERMIT NECESSARY AT ALL.

I guess the meaning of FREEDOM got redefined somewhere along the line.:s0092:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
While I'm all for Conceal Carry I think it should be done the proper way by obtaining it through your local sheriffs office. Owning a gun is one thing but conceal carrying is different. Some people just flat out should not own a gun; yet alone be able to conceal carry just because they feel like it. I'm not the one to pass judgement on who should or shouldn't be able to, but if you've been around guns for any length of time I would assume you've come across an idiot or two. Reading that article a few months back of a person with a negligent discharge because they wanted to should someone their gun is a prime example. Now should the test be like WA where you actually have to shoot to get your permit. I don't quite agree with that. I believe if you can get that safety certificate and you put in your time with research, training etc that should be enough. Let's be real there are people carrying without permits right now. I feel safer around people who have a CHL at the least I know they have some firearms knowledge.

I got my CHL back in 1994. While it wasn't required, the guy giving the personal instruction asked me to "prove' my competence with a coarse of fire. I didn't see anything wrong with that as I had been through voluntary training previously. I had also been a shooter since a very early age. Some people would probably had their feathers ruffled, but training is always a good thing. A few years later I met a lady who had her CHL and carried daily. I was stunned to find that she had never fired a gun and seemed very hesitant to go to a range for instruction. She fit that statement by peteNW503, she flat should not own a gun. I was also a bit put off by the fact that she was issued a CHL without any knowledge of handguns, or firing same. OK, off soapbox.

While I appreciate concern about poorly trained or untrained gun owners, when we curtail rights, they cease to be rights and morph into allowances and permissions.

It is noteworthy that the CC course is designed to equip one to carry concealed and legal. Beyond 'don't shoot your eye out', very light in gun handling instruction, for reasons that should be obvious anyone that has taken the class.

I will not compromise, yield or meet half way.

Yet I can't help but wonder if you still have your CHL, remove your firearm in federal buildings, and aren't a dopehead.

So yea, some "halfway" gets met, or we simply don't get our guns (or carry/conceal, etc.). :(

I don't want a crazy jihadist with machine guns living next door, but I also don't think there should be ANY limitations to owning firearms (for US citizens). No checks, no classes, no permits, no limits to ownership. What you do with that power is what gets you in trouble or brings you joy.

Last Edited:
"Republican lawmakers in several more states want to loosen gun restrictions by allowing people to carry concealed firearms without having to get a permit, continuing a trend that gun control advocates call dangerous"

They do? I wouldn't have guessed that.

Is there anything, ANYTHING, that has ever happened, in all of the time that things have been happening, that gun control activists did not call "dangerous"?

They only have fear to sell... facts and reality stand firmly on the other side of the line.

There are definitely people who should not own or carry a gun, just as there are people who should never operate a motor vehicle on public roads, but we see both every day.

Who decides?

If left as an open question, the government will decide and the government system will be excessive and incompetent, sometimes both at the same time.

The fact is, you and l are surrounded daily by people with guns carried both legally and not. You can bake an anti's noodle with that little factoid when they spout off about CCers, carrying on college campi, churches, schools, etc.. ask em how many bad moves and illegal maneuvers they witnessed on the highway that day and they'll go on about how bad drivers are in (insert town *here*). Guess what? You're already surrounded by guns too. Every day.

I'm just talking about present day reality and tangibles, deliberately leaving out rights and freedoms guaranteed by the 2A because that starts a whole new discussion. A certificate from The G guarantees nothing but beuracracy and theft in the form of licensing fees. I think that people SHOULD recieve training in both safety and proficiency... but I'm not wilfully giving that authority to the government.

Dangerous freedom is dangerous.
Plan accordingly.

"Republican lawmakers in several more states want to loosen gun restrictions by allowing people to carry concealed firearms without having to get a permit, continuing a trend that gun control advocates call dangerous"

They do? I wouldn't have guessed that.

Is there anything, ANYTHING, that has ever happened, in all of the time that things have been happening, that gun control activists did not call "dangerous"?

They only have fear to sell... facts and reality stand firmly on the other side of the line.

Strange... "back in the day", they predicted that the streets would be running with blood if CHL/CPL's were widely issued to the "unwashed masses".... "people would be getting into gunfights over parking spaces", etc, etc....

Pretty sure there aren't many (if any) CHL/CPL holders in Chicago, Detroit, and DC committing all those drive-by shootings.... :rolleyes:

There are definitely people who should not own or carry a gun, just as there are people who should never operate a motor vehicle on public roads, but we see both every day.

Who decides?

If left as an open question, the government will decide and the government system will be excessive and incompetent, sometimes both at the same time.

The fact is, you and l are surrounded daily by people with guns carried both legally and not. You can bake an anti's noodle with that little factoid when they spout off about CCers, carrying on college campi, churches, schools, etc.. ask em how many bad moves and illegal maneuvers they witnessed on the highway that day and they'll go on about how bad drivers are in (insert town *here*). Guess what? You're already surrounded by guns too. Every day.

I'm just talking about present day reality and tangibles, deliberately leaving out rights and freedoms guaranteed by the 2A because that starts a whole new discussion. A certificate from The G guarantees nothing but beuracracy and theft in the form of licensing fees. I think that people SHOULD recieve training in both safety and proficiency... but I'm not wilfully giving that authority to the government.

Dangerous freedom is dangerous.
Plan accordingly.

.... and government supplied "safety" is even more dangerous! o_O

Pretty sure there aren't many (if any) CHL/CPL holders in Chicago, Detroit, and DC committing all those drive-by shootings....
... and that's a real bummer for the cackling henhouse at MDA and Everytown.
Their hypotheses (presented as facts to the gullible) were that guns make people evil and stupid.
Evil and stupid people act accordingly.

Fact is, good people rarely do any of the evil and/or stupid things they "predict" (l put predict in quotes because they don't believe it either. It's not predicting, it's fund raising). They go about their business, NOT because of a government-issued permission slip, but because it's what they would be doing anyway.
Bad folks do the same thing only at the other end of the spectrum, ie: go about their bad bidness... laws and law enforcement only enter the picture later as prosecutorial tools (if even then).

Many anti-gun people are evil and stupid. If l were king, I'd put them in the "shall not issue" category.

I got my CHL back in 1994. While it wasn't required, the guy giving the personal instruction asked me to "prove' my competence with a coarse of fire. I didn't see anything wrong with that as I had been through voluntary training previously. I had also been a shooter since a very early age. Some people would probably had their feathers ruffled, but training is always a good thing. A few years later I met a lady who had her CHL and carried daily. I was stunned to find that she had never fired a gun and seemed very hesitant to go to a range for instruction. She fit that statement by peteNW503, she flat should not own a gun. I was also a bit put off by the fact that she was issued a CHL without any knowledge of handguns, or firing same. OK, off soapbox.

Well....see how this goes over.....

PROVE that you're competent enough to VOTE.

Aloha, Mark

While I'm all for Conceal Carry I think it should be done the proper way by obtaining it through your local sheriffs office. Owning a gun is one thing but conceal carrying is different. Some people just flat out should not own a gun; yet alone be able to conceal carry just because they feel like it. I'm not the one to pass judgement on who should or shouldn't be able to, but if you've been around guns for any length of time I would assume you've come across an idiot or two. Reading that article a few months back of a person with a negligent discharge because they wanted to should someone their gun is a prime example. Now should the test be like WA where you actually have to shoot to get your permit. I don't quite agree with that. I believe if you can get that safety certificate and you put in your time with research, training etc that should be enough. Let's be real there are people carrying without permits right now. I feel safer around people who have a CHL at the least I know they have some firearms knowledge.

".....shall not be infringed."

Yup......your RIGHT (many rights) has throughout the years been chipped away. Right/Wrong/Otherwise. Note: that there were many politicians involved.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
A lady my wife worked with mentioned that she carried a gun for protection and offered to let me see it.:s0001:
She opened her purse and took out a small red box, wrapped in rubber bands.:s0093:

Inside of the box was a chrome plated .25 automatic and a loaded magazine.:rolleyes:
I don't remember if I asked her if she had ever fired it.:s0092: :(

A lady my wife worked with mentioned that she carried a gun for protection and offered to let me see it.:s0001:
She opened her purse and took out a small red box, wrapped in rubber bands.:s0093:

Inside of the box was a chrome plated .25 automatic and a loaded magazine.:rolleyes:
I don't remember if I asked her if she had ever fired it.:s0092: :(
The same thing happened at my work a lady asked if I wanted to see hers (lol). The gun was in her purse and in the box but.... she carried it unloaded because it is safer . To her credit it was a stainless Browning 380 and had its original box and was pretty .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top