JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By "No one really cares", they mean no one is protesting the war. We, the veterans and families of those who served care and we will never forget the sacrifices made by our men and women serving in our military!

Americans are pre occupied with "reality TV" unless they have a loved one over there it is a non issue to most.

Once the draw down was announced most people probably think we have a few thousand ans in 2-3,000 not the what 80,000+ that we have there.

Suicide has claimed the lives of many more American troops than the so called enemy. That is probably a sign to pack it up. What were they even there for? Oh yeah, to chase Bin Laden.

what is the current mission in Afghanistan? Bin Laden is DEAD, we went there to find and kill bin laden, he was in Pakistan, found and killed. SO WTF, it is going to be hard to have a bunch of broke Americans supporting a war that no longer has any meaning, BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! and if you are going to pull out the "nation building democracy" card, then let me ask you eye to eye...would you be proud that your son or brother was blown to chunks over there so little barefoot poor people have the right to vote for puppet A or puppet B?

I am a vet of 13 years - when I signed my enlistment papers I knew that I had chosen to do what the President said and even swore a oath to follow the country in time of war or peace and the price that I paid for my pay check was harm or injury. These soldiers signed the same peice of paper and swore the same oath. These soldiers made a decision and followed through with thier commitment. There is no draft - they volunteered. I do not feel sorry for these soldiers any more than I would myself. The reservists in my mind wanted to play soldier and collect a paycheck and maybe a retirement but never thought that they would have to go to war. Guess they were surprised. GW sure did a fine job of leading this country into a great mess he had no intention of cleaning up himself. A fine republican.

It pains me to see a service member in distress or having to collect food stamps to help support ther family. It gives me great distrust in my government when our soldiers and sailors cant get the medical treatment and care that they need. But we must all remember that they made a choice to protect this country and to follow its leadership and the chances they take when they make those decisons are often fatal. I support the troops and always will. The leadership is who I blame for this - the ones that make the decisons but do not have to pay the price.

It has always amazed me that those that think the military is so cool are those that have never served. I am willing to bet you that half the time you see someone in military camoflage they were never in the service.

Flame on

Respectfully
James Ruby

I don't really like what you said but I agree with it........

I feel that to hold the highest office in the land, one should have seen first hand, from the trenches, what war is like.

It is impossible for me to put into words what I feel for the men and women who have chosen the path that you have James Ruby.

Thank You!

Mike

I feel that to hold the highest office in the land, one should have seen first hand, from the trenches, what war is like.

I agree, so I guess of the candidates only Dr Paul is qualified. Ok after a quick google search, I dont think he was in theatre during vietnam but still....;)

The war is not forgotten by me. My wife works for the army. Many of our members amd quests at my range are either recently back or gearing up to head to the sandbox.

Forgotten, I think not.

Many men in the armed forces and retired military know the invasion and occupation should have never been started in the first place. Innocent people fooled into fighting a 'war' for the corporatocracy and the Oligarchs running the show.

They know that the mantra of 'fighting for our freedoms' is a sad joke.

So the elite few can sit back with their champagne and cigars and laugh while they make their billions/trillions while American lives and families are destroyed.

All for the benefit of the social planners and money mongers, NOT for the security of the nation.

To know how they truly feel, listen to Henry Kissinger: "Military Men Are Just Dumb, Stupid Animals To Be Used As Pawns In Foreign Policy"

Those 2000 men and women died so that the greedy parasites that are destroying this nation could profit further. That is the truth no matter how unpleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Busting the Taliban for shielding and supporting OBL and the 9/11 hijackers seemed necessary and a justifiable response. We gave them fair warning.

But then came nation-building and 2000 dead. Not to mention the maimed. Or the huge national hit on our stressed budget.

Bubblegum Afghanistan. They pull that 9/11 crap again, and we bust 'em again. If they want to live in the stone age, we can help. But not by the futile exercise of occupying their messed-up pile of rocks, trying to build an infrastructure many don't care about, and leaving another 2000 American KIA. I'm sympathetic to the non-Taliban Afghanis, especially women, but we can't save the whole world from evil. Hell, we've got Newark to worry about first.

Spoke with a friend the other day whose son is in the military. One of the things our forces are doing is clearing small villages of Taliban and then staying put. Sounds good in theory except the military folks are dying to keep a village out of Taliban hands and the villagers don't want us there. Add in the Afghan on ISAF attacks and I can't even begin to understand out continued involvement there since the death of OBL.

We met with the Taliban in the summer of 2001. Our goal was to install oil pipelines out to the Caspian Sea. They refused. So the whole BS story of them and Bin Laben grew from there as a justification to invade. That, and the Opium fields that were very important to OUR drug trade. The Afghan puppet president put in place was an ex Unocal Oil executive.

Nothing is what it appears. Bid Laden was on his death bed at the same time with kidney failure in a hospital in Saudi Arabia. An easy scripted patsy, and close ally of the Bush family, he died soon thereafter. Before his death he renounced any involvement in the 911 attacks. No problem, just get a look alike and some fussy video and make a confession tape.

None of the 'official story' is true of course, leading right up to the Seal 6 nonsense. He had already been dead for years before that. That is why Seal team 6 had to go down in a one in a million helicopter accident. The 98% simply cannot think for themselves so such nonsense passes for truth.

It is so sad that 11 years later the lemmings still believe the same ridiculous nonsense. A testament to the fact that 98% of the people will also be non-thinking followers. We are simply an expanding Empire for resources, that is all there is to it. "Bad guys", which are more like scripted cartoon characters, are held up as justification for the horrific things we are doing around the world.

Our 'enemies' - China, Russia, Iran, whoever, are happy within their borders. We are not. We are a economically dying empire lashing out, like all Empires do. Eventually we will expire and collapse, but not before we do much more damage. We will help the social planners and financial elite advance their agendas and then they will discard us when we are no of longer value.

That is when the US will be left in a heap, a collapsed industrialized nation in an economic hell like the world has never seen.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-911-reader-the-september-11-2001-terror-attacks/

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads