JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
THE OREGON SENATE DECIDED THAT just because we voted for a law, doesnt mean they will honor their responsibility to enforce it.

this time its prop 57 to keep bad and/or repeat offenders guys in jail. they decided to fund their pensions but not the jails.

this is the 5th or 6th time in the past 5 yrs they have just decided that we, the voters are just too stupid and they dont need to listen to our voices. i hope all of you follow some of the news some of the time and vote.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/measure_57_on_hold_to_prop_up.html

The law requires longer sentences for repeat property thieves and drug offenders. The Oregon Criminal Justice Commission estimated that it would cost the state $60 million over the next two years.

Critics pointed out that the Legislature itself put Measure 57 on the ballot as an alternative to an even stricter sentencing measure.

"The voters passed it," said Sen. Fred Girod, R-Stayton. "The last thing we should do is go back on what we agreed to do."

i just sent this off, guess my senility is getting the best of me.

MARK HASS,

I AM A LITTLE UPSET WITH SOME ISSUES AND MY FATHER ALWAYS TAUGHT ME TO SPEAK MY MIND AND LET THE POLITICIANS KNOW HOW THEY ARE PERCEIVED. SO HERE GOES.

I AM NOT SURPRISED THAT THE LEGISLATORS AGAIN, WITH A TOTAL DISREGARD OF THE LAWS PASSED BY THE PEOPLE, INVOKED "THEIR WILL" OVER THE PEOPLES VOTES.

I WAS TAUGHT IN SCHOOL THIS IS A REPUBLIC FORM OF GOVERNMENT WHERE ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE "SUPPOSED" TO DO AS THE PEOPLE CHOOSE. THEIR JOB IS
TO REPRESENT US, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THE PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF BEING IGNORED AND TAXED TO DEATH, AS AM I. WE WILL NOT SIT STILL. THERE ARE 3 ADULTS IN MY HOUSEHOLD AND ALL VOTE EVERY ELECTION.

IS IT THAT POLITICIANS ARE JUST TOO FAR REMOVED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT AND/OR NEED, OR IS IT THAT THEY JUST DONT CARE?

AND THEN THERE IS "THIS" ITEM I NOTICED TODAY:

"Sen. Mark Hass, D-Beaverton: Voted with Republicans to kill a bill raising corporate taxes but then agreed to support it under the condition that some of the increased corporate taxes would be diverted into the state's rainy-day account."

WHY WOULD DIVERTING MONEY IN "ANY" DIRECTION CHANGE THE FACT THAT INCREASED TAXES WILL HURT BUSINESS. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THE MONEY GOES, ITS STILL A TAX THAT WILL DRIVE AWAY OR EVEN KILL BUSINESS.

WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR MY RAINY DAY ACCOUNT. TAKING MY MONEY SO THE STATE CAN JUST BANK SOME CASH? THANKS! MY WORKING 14-16 HOUR DAYS REALLY ISN'T ENOUGH ANYWAY IS IT? PEOPLE ARE STRUGGLING AND ALL SALEM DOES IS DIG DEEPER IN OUR POCKETS FOR THAT LAST BIT OF CHANGE WE HAVE BEEN HOLDING ON TO FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS.

AS I SEE IT, THE STATE AND THE FEDS ARE SITTING WAY OUT ON A LIMB, SAWING AWAY WHERE IT JOINS THE TREE.

POLITICIANS GET A GOOD PENSION WHILE SOME OF US ONLY GET WHAT WE SAVE. BUT AS IS, I CANT SAVE ANYTHING. SO I WILL HAVE WORK UNTIL I AM BURIED, PAYING FOR THE YOUR SALARY, YOUR PENSION, THE STATES RAINY DAY FUND AND ALL OTHER GOVERNMENT WASTE.

DO I SOUND BITTER? YES I AM. I AM TIRED OF THE POLITICIANS TAKING AND TAKING AND TAKING. IF ITS NOT MONEY, ITS OUR VOTES OR OUR FREEDOMS.

BY THE WAY, SHOULD YOU EVEN CHOOSE TO ANSWER THIS, I WAS WONDERING, WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL THE CAMERAS GOING UP ON EVERY STOP LIGHT (UP TO 8 PER INTERSECTION) IN THE METRO AREA? ARE THESE REALLY NEEDED WHEN THE MONEY COULD BE USED ELSEWHERE? LIKE MAYBE TO KEEP SLIME IN JAIL?

AFTER OVER 200 YRS AS A COUNTRY, DOES THE GOVERNMENT NOW FEEL THE NEED TO WATCH OUR EVERY MOVE?

TEA PARTIES MEMBERS ARE MEETING WEEKLY AND PLANNING FOR THE COMING ELECTIONS WHICH SHOULD PROVE INTERESTING.

LASTLY, NO, I DO NOT TYPE IN UPPER CASE IN ANGER, ITS JUST HOW I TYPE.

WHILE I REALLY DO NOT EXPECT AN ANSWER, I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, ALL IS NOT WELL IN BEAVERTON.

RESPECTFULLY,
    xxxxx PROBASCO

“It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. Samuel Adams

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

For conservative discussion, check out <broken link removed>

For liberal discussion, check out Democratic Underground

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads