JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He has been quoted as supporting states use of "common regulations".
Do you mean in an actual court decision? Or at a party in polite company? Do you have a citation?

Either way, he's the guy we've got and I'd rather see the glass 90% full than 10% empty. He's not perfect, but his pro-2A bona fides are making lefties poop their pants. That's good enough for me...

"Critics contend Kavanaugh's analysis is flawed because AR-15s were not around during the early days of the republic."

I hate this crap. Neither was the internet. The 2nd Amendment isn't limited to black powder muskets any more than the 1st Amendment is limited to pamphlets off a printing press.

He has been quoted as supporting states use of "common regulations".
In his decision, Kavanaugh notes: "Heller largely preserved the status quo of gun regulation in the United States. Heller established that traditional and common gun laws in the United States remain constitutionally permissible."
Sounds like he's just upholding Heller. The "experts" in the media and elsewhere really don't have a clue when it comes to the law. It's not as simple and straightforward as it appears. Brief a few thousand USSC decisions looking for why they ruled differently in one case versus another and you begin to have an understanding of how the law works. The average journalism major has no idea.

Sounds like he's just upholding Heller. The "experts" in the media and elsewhere really don't have a clue when it comes to the law. It's not as simple and straightforward as it appears. Brief a few thousand USSC decisions looking for why they ruled differently in one case versus another and you begin to have an understanding of how the law works. The average journalism major has no idea.

Yep, I was a pre-law student and briefed many cases. What I think is funny is that Kavanaugh wrote a book on precedent.

"Critics contend Kavanaugh's analysis is flawed because AR-15s were not around during the early days of the republic."

I hate this crap. Neither was the internet. The 2nd Amendment isn't limited to black powder muskets any more than the 1st Amendment is limited to pamphlets off a printing press.
Easy... the Brits had muskets which was the latest available small arms technology, so did we. Slide that same logic over to today and what's the problem then?

Pretty simple. When the 2nd amendment was written, the average citizen was able to, and did own, the exact same firearms used by the military. No ambiguity here. That, in my mind, of course not in the mind of others, set a precedent that whatever the military uses for combat, should be available to us too. I'm not sure that would need to apply to large arms, but certainly small arms - pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc. I doubt the average person back then owned a canon, though I suspect it wouldn't have been illegal for them to do so.

But the "logic" they keep using, that we should only have muskets, absolutely needs to be thrown in their faces, big time, especially with the arguments used about the 1st amendment and modern technology. If technological advances must apply to the 1st amendment, then they must apply to the 2nd amendment as well. I just can't fathom that 2 different standards could be applied to 2 different parts of the BOR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top