JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Policy created by someone who, I would wager, never got in to a serious gunfight with a pistol and who cares more about politics and negative press than his personnel or the citizens in their jurisdiction. Not to mention that nationally, the hit rate for officers involved in them is less than 1 hit for every 5 rounds fired.

Last Edited:
Shoot'em in the leg that'll stop the threat.

What if I hit the femoral artery though?....oops we didn't take that into account. Welp have fun slowly bleeding to death in a matter of minutes!

One possible positive use? The red zones=armored zones; meaning depending on your ammo types, multiple hits or AP ammo is required. Black tip tungsten bullets likely from a high velocity 5.56mm or .308 caliber would do a fair number on even Level IV plates.

Edit, assuming criminals and do baddies are armored that is.

One possible positive use? The red zones=armored zones; meaning depending on your ammo types, multiple hits or AP ammo is required. Black tip tungsten bullets likely from a high velocity 5.56mm or .308 caliber would do a fair number on even Level IV plates.

Edit, assuming criminals and do baddies are armored that is.
Then it would need a bullseye on the face.

They need to review the sources of the training material they choose to "learn" from. Want to learn the most effective ways to quickly disable a deadly threat? Don't go to a career desk jockey who's got zero practical experience, go talk to combat veterans with close quarters experience. I can't even count the number of VC and sympathizers I've seen with nonlethal (green zone) rifle wounds that keep on coming until a CNS hit stops them. Not only is this training regimen extremely ill advised, it's going to wind up getting innocent people injured and/or killed.

I don't know... maybe I'm just an old dinosaur stuck in my ways because I don't care enough about preserving the bad guys life at the risk of potential grievous bodily harm or death to innocent people. Or, maybe not...

Having had to shoot , when it really matter...

I can say that my experience has taught me that rarely are you presented with a shot that looks like the target silhouette.
More often than not , you have to take a less than perfect shot , at only a partially visible target....
All while under extreme stress.

Bullets can do weird things when they hit flesh...

I have seen men stop fighting simply by being shot at , or when hit in a so-called "non-lethal" zone...

Conversely , I have seen men fight and continue to be a threat after receiving wounds that should have been lethal or at least those which should have stopped physical actions.
The will to live should never be underestimated.

Non-lethal shooting zones...seem to me at least , a bad idea made by someone who has never had to shoot anyone.
Andy

Having had to shoot , when it really matter...

I can say that my experience has taught me that rarely are you presented with a shot that looks like the target silhouette.
More often than not , you have to take a less than perfect shot , at only a partially visible target....
All while under extreme stress.

Bullets can do weird things when they hit flesh...

I have seen men stop fighting simply by being shot at , or when hit in a so-called "non-lethal" zone...

Conversely , I have seen men fight and continue to be a threat after receiving wounds that should have been lethal or at least those which should have stopped physical actions.
The will to live should never be underestimated.

Non-lethal shooting zones...seem to me at least , a bad idea made by someone who has never had to shoot anyone.
Andy
Amen brother

You don't have to defund your police department if you're training your officers to go into the field and get killed. Your budget savings are just automatic.

Well-played, Georgia. Well-played.

I really don't have the words.
And if I did you wouldn't believe me anyway.
So watch for yourself.

View attachment 883073
This is going to get people killed and I mean Police Officers too. You only use deadly force as a last resort. Now this is going to make them use it more often, because of stupidity like this. The entire idea of shooting a gun out of someone's hand or shooting them in hand or foot or leg is ludicrous. I am so glad I am retired from Police work.

Ok, cool. Now make all the green parts move around and do it again. There is only one area of that target that stays relativity still when in motion....the part they can't shoot.

This is going to get people killed and I mean Police Officers too. You only use deadly force as a last resort. Now this is going to make them use it more often, because of stupidity like this. The entire idea of shooting a gun out of someone's hand or shooting them in hand or foot or leg is ludicrous. I am so glad I am retired from Police work.
Exactly. Bingo.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads