JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank God my kids are in private school. Looking for
Police depts across the country were already having a difficult time filling vacancies. I can't imagine wanting to work in a city where the majority of citizens despise you. These protest, riots, anti-police sentiments among citizens and government leadership should discourage any decent person from wanting a job in law enforcement. I believe that is a silent goal of the protest movement. Less cops, less prosecutions, less jail time, etc. It makes for easier days in a thugs world.

This is going to go real bad real quick. But Lefty-run cities and states deserve everything that's coming to them...

I was talking a while back with an acquaintance who grew up on the edge of the 'hood. I think he had a foot in both worlds, because he grew up middle-class with both parents who had jobs, but a lot of his friends were inner-city. He hates cops, in general, always talks about how cops get medals and high-fives from their buddies when they shoot a minority.

I asked him what they would do if a crime was committed against them, if they'd ever call the cops. What if his sister was raped, would they call the police then? No, he said. They take care of their own, he and his buddies would find the dude and take care of him. So in other words, vigilante justice, leading to tribal (gang) warfare. I really feel for all the innocent people caught in the middle of that.

By the way, this guy is a hard-working family man. He's legitimately working his butt off to make something of himself. He's a young black millennial with Wall Street investments and rental properties. It will be interesting to see how his perspective evolves over time. We helped him pick out his first handgun a while back, but he said he'd never get a CHL or carry it outside his home, as he "knows" that if a cop ever saw him with it, he'd get shot. I truly don't think we have that kind of prejudice here in the PNW, but his perception of prejudice, based on his upbringing, is very real.

Just reinforcing the narrative of the minority community and media that LEOs are the bad guys, thus creating a more dangerous and deadly environment.

Yes If all cops are gone & guns banned The current problems will go away and it will be a respectful ,victimless , love filled society for the price of a few gun free zone signs.

Last Edited:
Respectfully, I disagree. They don't have to attend Portland public school. Plenty of home school options or private school options. If their parents insist on keeping them in a dangerous school system without security or protection then too bad, it's on the parents. Life is not fair.

Unfortunately not all parents have the means or ability for alternate schooling. They're the ones caught in the middle.

On another note, I strongly suspect that home-schooling is going to flourish in a post-quarantine world. My wife has been getting non-stop questions, and requests for help and advice.

Yes If all cops are gone they ban guns The current problems will go away and it will be a respectful ,victimless , love filled, safe society Free of hate
Funny you mention that. A while back I was discussing gun control with a co-worker. He opined that he wasn't necessarily in favor of gun control, because there's just too many out there already, but that he sure wished that they didn't exist at all. The world would be so much more peaceful and safe.

My reply was "Gee, if only we could try that. If only there was a time in recorded human history when firearms didn't exist. If only we could look into that historical record and see whether it was a peaceful utopia, or if humans were busily killing each other by the millions with arrows, spears, rocks, clubs, knives, fists, etc.."

It's not about weapons. It's basic human nature that's the problem. Always has been, always will be.

Teachers will begin to be beat up regularly. It will be a new form of reparations. Then when the cities begin to burn again after all the racial animus they drummed up, they'll demand a new community based police force but with national oversight like Obama called for....just my prediction. No Rule of Law, no return to Constitutional Law. Just Their Law.

Not everyone has that option.

Respectfully, I disagree. Where there's a will, there's a way. I personally changed jobs to a remote-based position so we could homeschool our kids. I could not, in good conscience, put them in failing public schools. Parents can also move to better school districts. Families do it all the time. There are many different options to provide an education that does not involve failing public schools. It all depends on the willingness of the parents to want to do it.

But if some kids are failed by their parents, then again I reiterate... Life is not fair.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top