JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in Charlotte NC visiting family for the holidays... my brother got caught up in the craze over here. He went to Hyatt Gun Shop here - they wanted 3500 for a Bushmaster with ACOG on it. He ended up ordering a Colt LE model through a dealer out of Atlanta. He has yet to receive notification from them that anything has shipped to his FFL yet... that was six days ago. Oh, Hyatt wanted $60 each for a 30 round mag. I told him I just bought some mags at a recent PDX gunshow for $12 :)

Just wait it out man, the prices will come back down. Maybe not all the way down but much lower than they are now. Back in 2007 during the frenzy prices got just as high and came back. Just wait it out.

My buddy saw a Colt 6920 in Walmart for $1100 yesterday, so Walmart is still having some trickle in at the old price. I told him to call me next time he sees that and stand guard over it till I get there.

After reading all this I feel like I won the AR lottery on Christmas eve. My woman works for Fred Meyer so I buy most of my tools from them due to the nice 15% discount we receive. I had special ordered a GP100 last march and when I got the call that my pistol had arrived on the 24th I was in the Christmas spirit. Then the associate told me that a colt m4/magpul with double mags had arrived alongside my special order.

I asked him to hold it and I would buy it, but they told me that it is first come first serve and another guy was already on his way in. The race was on........I won.

Beat the other customer by maybe 10 minutes. I was out the door in an hour with the GP, M4, a box of 38spl ball and 357 ball for about $1500.

It seems like the big retailers (Bimart, Fred Meyer, Walmart) are holding to the old retails (or at least were) and I would make a list of the phone numbers of those that are closest and carry firearms. Then I would call daily around receiving hours for UPS/Fedex at those locations. My closest Fred Meyer usually gets them in the late morning.

Good luck with the search.

After reading all this I feel like I won the AR lottery on Christmas eve. My woman works for Fred Meyer so I buy most of my tools from them due to the nice 15% discount we receive. I had special ordered a GP100 last march and when I got the call that my pistol had arrived on the 24th I was in the Christmas spirit. Then the associate told me that a colt m4/magpul with double mags had arrived alongside my special order.

I asked him to hold it and I would buy it, but they told me that it is first come first serve and another guy was already on his way in. The race was on........I won.

Beat the other customer by maybe 10 minutes. I was out the door in an hour with the GP, M4, a box of 38spl ball and 357 ball for about $1500.

It seems like the big retailers (Bimart, Fred Meyer, Walmart) are holding to the old retails (or at least were) and I would make a list of the phone numbers of those that are closest and carry firearms. Then I would call daily around receiving hours for UPS/Fedex at those locations. My closest Fred Meyer usually gets them in the late morning.

Good luck with the search.
Fred Meyer sells guns ? I think you have the wrong store. And I buy my ammo at Barns & Noble book store to

The stores that carry them are limited, but I suspect Sandy will be on the list down the road due to their location. They will special order just about anything you want within current federal guidelines and availability at the FFL stores. Though their prices seem mid-range to me they don't appear to be exploiting the recent events to jack up the prices on everything.

I'm still a little pissed. I can't imagine even with the ridiculous high demand how there aren't ARs flooding out of manufacturers.
There are a butt load of different AR parts manf that are on a goldmine that may in some ways be drying up with a AWB on the horizon. They should be working around the clock to get all the parts/rifles out to stores that they can. It shouldn't take months for them to restock.

I don't get it.

I'm still a little pissed. I can't imagine even with the ridiculous high demand how there aren't ARs flooding out of manufacturers. There are a butt load of different AR parts manf that are on a goldmine that may in some ways be drying up with a AWB on the horizon. They should be working around the clock to get all the parts/rifles out to stores that they can. It shouldn't take months for them to restock.

Sandy Hook was 12/14. This is 12/30. There's Christmas in there as well. How much do you think they could have produced and shipped in that time?

As I posted in "great Deals" on this forum. Saw 3 Colt LE6920 at Walmart in Puyallup. They have a call list that they notify, but it is first come first serve. Sales person said they are still getting ARs delivered by FEDEX but there is no pattern.
PS. All three were gone before I left the building.
Happy hunting

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads