JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get my hands on a descent AR15? (Looking to spend roughly 1,200)
I have been on the phone with every gun shop & major retailer I can think of & noone will order nor will they tell me if/when more will come in.

It's too bad, really. The current events don't even have anything to do with my desire for an AR. Have always wanted one and figured after christmas I would start looking, now this happens! BAH!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get my hands on a descent AR15? (Looking to spend roughly 1,200)
I have been on the phone with every gun shop & major retailer I can think of & noone will order nor will they tell me if/when more will come in.

Got a time machine?

You picked a bad time to stock up, pardner. I expect the feeding frenzy to calm down in later January/Feb as manufacturers ramp up and distributors restock.

H

Check your walmarts daily, I visit a lot of them for my job and see them in stock on occasion. I work primarily in the central and eastern Oregon, Tri Cities, and Yakima. My co-workers are on the look out for ammo for me when they are in there stores. Walmart is still getting both in stock on occasion.

Check your walmarts daily, I visit a lot of them for my job and see them in stock on occasion. I work primarily in the central and eastern Oregon, Tri Cities, and Yakima. My co-workers are on the look out for ammo for me when they are in there stores. Walmart is still getting both in stock on occasion.

Thanks, was there today & bought out all their crappy .45 TUL Ammo.

& yeah, I know, I picked the worst time. Looked at ONE AR Today that was 1,800 without any sort of sights & no mags. Was the only one I could find. Sportsmans Warehouse said they'll be getting in a shipment monday, fingers crossed.

Rather than check with every local retailer one by one, I'd focus my efforts on finding one online and transfer to your local dealer. Online retailers are having inventory issues as well, but I think the worst is over. I'd recommend browsing slickguns.com regularly. You'll find one.

It's too bad, really. The current events don't even have anything to do with my desire for an AR. Have always wanted one and figured after christmas I would start looking, now this happens! BAH!

Every 6 months or so since 2007, either Obama or one of his appointees have been saying that they want another AWB.
People either ignored it or didn't believe it. Now the talk is turning into action, and people are scrambling.

Procrastination killed yah.
This storm was forcast years ago. You should have stocked up on the proverbial toilet paper then.

If you think you'll want one, now is the time to buy.
If you wait, you risk the prices skyrocketing or transfers being banned all together.

In 1985 an automatic m16 was a few hundred dollars.
in 1986 when the restrictions were announced that price went to few thousand dollars
Today you will need at least ~$10,000 for a beater.

This same scenario would apply to ar15's if the administrations goals come to fruition.

Good luck. It's like finding a unicorn or Sasquatch.
More like finding the offspring of a unicorn and sasquatch.

Last time I was at Al's Sporting Goods (53 Holmes Road Tonasket, 98855....out by Spectical Lake between Tonasket and Loomis he had a rack full of AR's Good selection, do not know about prices, as I am not in that market....You could give him a call...509-223-3075

West Coast Armory in Bellevue had some as of yesterday. They were more than $1200, though. They had a Colt LE 6920 package w/ 4 P-Mags for $1800. They also had some LMTs with the Monolithic fore end. Not sure of price on those, but probably in that same neighborhood.

They are also selling P-Mags for $35 each, with a limit of 2 per person.

West Coast Armory in Everett (formerly Sam's) has several (at least 6 on the wall). The only one I looked at was a Noveske for $2500, list at $1800 on Noveske's website.

Rather than pay scalper prices I think I would wait until close to the end of January as one member suggested and let mfg catch up a bit. Any new gun law will be kicked around for a while before anything changes, except maybe the BATF shutting down imports of guns the admin consider dangerous.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top