Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

No Luck With AR15 Purchase in Washington

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mordyn, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Mordyn

Mordyn Puyallup, Washington New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get my hands on a descent AR15? (Looking to spend roughly 1,200)
    I have been on the phone with every gun shop & major retailer I can think of & noone will order nor will they tell me if/when more will come in.

2. archeofuturist

archeofuturist I can see three volcano's from here New Member

Good luck. It's like finding a unicorn or Sasquatch.

3. Mordyn

Bahah! Thanks..

4. Mordyn

It's too bad, really. The current events don't even have anything to do with my desire for an AR. Have always wanted one and figured after christmas I would start looking, now this happens! BAH!

5. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

Got a time machine?

You picked a bad time to stock up, pardner. I expect the feeding frenzy to calm down in later January/Feb as manufacturers ramp up and distributors restock.

H

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Don't you think it's little too late for that?;) There are many $2K AR's though.

Or If you can find used/private sale for decent price. :paranoid:

7. Cidian

Cidian Redmond, OR Member

Check your walmarts daily, I visit a lot of them for my job and see them in stock on occasion. I work primarily in the central and eastern Oregon, Tri Cities, and Yakima. My co-workers are on the look out for ammo for me when they are in there stores. Walmart is still getting both in stock on occasion.

8. Mordyn

Thanks, was there today & bought out all their crappy .45 TUL Ammo.

& yeah, I know, I picked the worst time. Looked at ONE AR Today that was 1,800 without any sort of sights & no mags. Was the only one I could find. Sportsmans Warehouse said they'll be getting in a shipment monday, fingers crossed.

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I suppose I could part with my Del-Ton for $1,200 and the mags for $100 each!

No, not really!!!!!!!!!!!

10. codezilla

codezilla United States Member

Rather than check with every local retailer one by one, I'd focus my efforts on finding one online and transfer to your local dealer. Online retailers are having inventory issues as well, but I think the worst is over. I'd recommend browsing slickguns.com regularly. You'll find one.

11. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Mega is in your area, you might give them an impassioned plea. There probably running 24/7 like most AR manufacturers. It hopefully will settle down in 6 months.

12. Mordyn

I'm not in a rush to buy one, either. Appreciate all the comments, will keep my eyes peeled and purchase when the price is right (and available!)

13. tbotts

tbotts Bremerton New Member

try Boerner firearms in Gorst. As of last weekend, they still had several ar15 in stock. Not sure of pricing or manufacture.
    360-479-8056

14. tbotts

tbotts Bremerton New Member

try Boerner firearms in Gorst. As of last weekend, they still had several ar15 in stock. Not sure of pricing or manufacture.
    360-479-8056

15. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Every 6 months or so since 2007, either Obama or one of his appointees have been saying that they want another AWB.
    People either ignored it or didn't believe it. Now the talk is turning into action, and people are scrambling.

Procrastination killed yah.
    This storm was forcast years ago. You should have stocked up on the proverbial toilet paper then.

If you think you'll want one, now is the time to buy.
    If you wait, you risk the prices skyrocketing or transfers being banned all together.

In 1985 an automatic m16 was a few hundred dollars.
    in 1986 when the restrictions were announced that price went to few thousand dollars
    Today you will need at least ~$10,000 for a beater.

This same scenario would apply to ar15's if the administrations goals come to fruition.

More like finding the offspring of a unicorn and sasquatch.

16. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

PM Sent

17. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Last time I was at Al's Sporting Goods (53 Holmes Road Tonasket, 98855....out by Spectical Lake between Tonasket and Loomis he had a rack full of AR's Good selection, do not know about prices, as I am not in that market....You could give him a call...509-223-3075

18. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

West Coast Armory in Bellevue had some as of yesterday. They were more than $1200, though. They had a Colt LE 6920 package w/ 4 P-Mags for $1800. They also had some LMTs with the Monolithic fore end. Not sure of price on those, but probably in that same neighborhood.

They are also selling P-Mags for $35 each, with a limit of 2 per person.

19. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

West Coast Armory in Everett (formerly Sam's) has several (at least 6 on the wall). The only one I looked at was a Noveske for $2500, list at $1800 on Noveske's website.

20. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

Rather than pay scalper prices I think I would wait until close to the end of January as one member suggested and let mfg catch up a bit. Any new gun law will be kicked around for a while before anything changes, except maybe the BATF shutting down imports of guns the admin consider dangerous.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.