JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Search/Arrest warrants give permission to go in, regardless. The "no-knock" is to give the advantage of surprise.
As to Mr. Locke, it will all come out. It used to be bad behavior which made bad law. Now it is public perception as shaped by the talking heads and "community activists"**

** "Activists" are actors and by definition not primarily thinkers. Criminals are often referred to as actors, since they act more than think.

Search/Arrest warrants give permission to go in, regardless. The "no-knock" is to give the advantage of surprise.
As to Mr. Locke, it will all come out. It used to be bad behavior which made bad law. Now it is public perception as shaped by the talking heads and "community activists"**

** "Activists" are actors and by definition not primarily thinkers. Criminals are often referred to as actors, since they act more than think.
Yup. They cover all of that.

Time permitting, I'll watch it. Too many errands and emails defending our civil rights in the meantime.
I drive all day. Plenty of time to listen to podcasts. This has been a hot topic here on the forum so I thought it was relevant.

The purpose of no knocks is to violate the Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The purpose of no knocks is to violate the Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Ok.

I listened to the back story - the drug homicide, multiple armed robberies and auto thefts involving the three brothers who lived at the apartment, the .223 rifle the murderers were bragging about. It all counters the MSM disinformation campaign.

As to no-knocks, can anyone suggest a reasonable, safe and effective alternative?

Last Edited:
No knocks have a purpose? That justifies nothing. Auschwitz had a purpose too.

If you have a gun handy at night and they use a flash bang to disoriented and impair you, if you are functional at all you are going to react defensively. You won't be hearing if they say they are cops, and probably won't see well enough to identify them as cops either. Then they will riddle you with bullets. And you may shoot one or more of them in the process in spite of being a person who would never harm a cop in your right mind. They will have attacked you in your home, rendered you incapable of good judgement, and murdered you for your attack on them that they caused. Given that cops seem to often execute no knock warrants on the wrong houses, this could happen to any of us.

No knocks have a purpose? That justifies nothing. Auschwitz had a purpose too.

If you have a gun handy at night and they use a flash bang to disoriented and impair you, if you are functional at all you are going to react defensively. You won't be hearing if they say they are cops, and probably won't see well enough to identify them as cops either. Then they will riddle you with bullets. And you may shoot one or more of them in the process in spite of being a person who would never harm a cop in your right mind. They will have attacked you in your home, rendered you incapable of good judgement, and murdered you for your attack on them that they caused. Given that cops seem to often execute no knock warrants on the wrong houses, this could happen to any of us.
Infringments on the 2A have a purpose too.

I am not an LEO, past or present. I believe in the mission of our various forces. I understand the purpose and the need for occasional no knock warrants. When these warrants are served, the situations must bea high energy, high adrenaline one for the officers.

I would say that when the wrong-house no-knocks occur it is usually the fault of bad intelligence. Who is responsible for this bad intelligence? What happens to the people who are responsible for this bad intelligence? Are they held to a standard? Demoted? Removed from the squad? One person should be responsible and required to check and double check that the address is the correct one. He/she should be the one to take the heat and the fault for what happens.

The public wants our police to be safe yet they also want such missions to be correct. If they are not correct then management of the mission must suffer consequences. An innocent(s) dead is more than a 'Whoops'. Assaulting the wrong house and killing/wounding someone is a serious f**kup. Make the leader responsible to double/triple check the intelligence.

The BIG problem I have with No Knock is when someone screwed up and it causes someone to die. How many did they show up at the wrong place? How many did they later find someone who was too amped up lied to get the OK? In cases like this someone who made those choices should be in prison. If those who lie to get to go play cowboy know they will have to pay if caught? They may be a little more careful. So often they were just not needed. Want some bad guy? Arrest him when he is out at the store and such. RARELY do these happen where the person really just never leaves the place. As for drugs being destroyed? They have for a good while left the border wide open to let the poison in so they do not seem to much care. If someone has many pounds of the stuff? Shut their water off. Hard to flush 100's of pounds of stuff after that. One here good while back I will never forget. SMALL time pot dealer. Brother was an LEO. Had lived at same house for a while. So cowboys kick in the door in the dark. The excuse being they did not know if the one who was an LEO still lived there? Yet they knew exactly when the dope seller went to work and where. Playing cowboy got a good Cop killed. They could have just walked up to him at work and arrested him. They had to play cowboy and kick in the door when everyone was sleeping. :mad:

Did any of you even listen….. or are you just here to argue. I'm following @po18guy and leaving my own thread as well. Some people are simply too arrogant and stubborn to even consider a different point of view.

Did any of you even listen….. or are you just here to argue. I'm following @po18guy and leaving my own thread as well. Some people are simply too arrogant and stubborn to even consider a different point of view.
If you want, as the originator of the thread you can ask mods to close it.

I'm putting it on ignore thread.

If you want, as the originator of the thread you can ask mods to close it.

I'm putting it on ignore thread.
No. I hate it when threads get closed or locked just cause someone disagrees. I'll just unfollow it. I appreciate it though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top