JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also why doesn't the news tell that the majority of attacks on people of Asian decent are not being carried out by so called White folk. The two attacks by some guy in CA today he had a Hispanic sounding name.

Again I am confused.
The dirty secret is that the overwhelming majority of these attacks are Black on Asian.

"Hours before the shootings started, Long bought a gun from Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs, an employee told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Now the store is cooperating with law enforcement. A 9mm firearm was found when Long was arrested.
The first incident happened around 5 p.m. Tuesday"

Quick turnaround

If you want to know about the narrative, ask Keisha Bottoms, the lovely mayor of Atlanta, who is in constant contact with da Ho on this.

"A crime against any community is a crime against us all". Oh, you mean the community of sex workers?

Waiting period could have helped

Oh sure. Was that a joke?

If not, how long do you think he planned this whole thing? You think it was a spur of the moment urge to go down and get a gun, shoot up several places of sex work, and then drive to Florida to shoot up some more??????????

Oh sure. Was that a joke?

If not, how long do you think he planned this whole thing? You think it was a spur of the moment urge to go down and get a gun, shoot up several places of sex work, and then drive to Florida to shoot up some more??????????
Maybe we'll find out how much planning was going on in advance. Planning suggests becoming familiar with the weapon ahead of time, which he didn't do.
What good reason is there for somebody to be able to walk out with a firearm the day they buy it? I can't think of any.

Maybe we'll find out how much planning was going on in advance. Planning suggests becoming familiar with the weapon ahead of time, which he didn't do.
What good reason is there for somebody to be able to walk out with a firearm the day they buy it? I can't think of any.

Because it's your property that you own, which happens to be guaranteed in the BOL.

I appreciate the comment though. I just think we need a waiting period for speech. There is no good reason you should be able to post something instantly. You should write it, submit it to the government, and if they say it's ok, let you post it.

Freedom?

Or , to be a bit more on point...
When an individual decides to create chaos, it's not going to change anything by making them wait.
45 minutes to an hour waiting for his purchase to be completed is beyond any normal, rational human being's "cooling off " period. The subsequent drive time also allowed plenty of time for reflection on his chosen path.
Ted Kaczynski had nothing but time on his hands. In fact, most serial killers are active for decades.
Please don't take my tone as argumentative, but I believe that you may be falling into the trap of believing that policies applied to us all have any chance of changing aberrant behavior in that small minority of the population who are dead set on mayhem.

Waiting period could have helped
How? Whatever day he took possession of the gun could as well been the day of the crime.

OR, are you suggesting that old assumptive reason for a waiting period, the 'Cooling off period'.

If you believe in a waiting period for guns then you have to create a waiting period for nearly anything that has the potential of being dangerous in anyone's hands, knives, cars, booze etc.....

Planning suggests becoming familiar with the weapon ahead of time, which he didn't do.
He could have - and probably did have familiarity - with someone else's gun(s) before he was old enough to buy his own.

Didn't most of us shoot long before we could legally buy a firearm?

Not much training required to walk into a cramped retail space and point shoot unarmed, small, docile victims. This idea of knowing the weapon intimately is, once again, a rational person's behavior.
We're talking about a disturbed YOUNG man. And the youth of today have been groomed for instant results.

I can. Someone who is a law abiding, responsible citizen who has gone through extensive background checks and has been issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon for over 30 years.
Hint: adding another firearm to the more than one they already have is inconsequential.

How hard can it be to load and shoot one of today's 9mm firearms???????????????????????????

If it was striker fired, it's even easier.... no manual safety. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to load a mag, chamber a round, get a few feet from your intended vic, and then pull the trigger multiple times to savage your target.

Sigh.

Or , to be a bit more on point...
When an individual decides to create chaos, it's not going to change anything by making them wait.
45 minutes to an hour waiting for his purchase to be completed is beyond any normal, rational human being's "cooling off " period. The subsequent drive time also allowed plenty of time for reflection on his chosen path.
Ted Kaczynski had nothing but time on his hands. In fact, most serial killers are active for decades.
Excellent summation for the 'waiting/cooling off period' fallacy.

AND - Ted K. used explosives ! No waiting period period for explosive components.

Maybe you believe in the power of a restraining order, but a woman getting out of an abusive relationship and feeling the need to arm herself more sooner than later, particularly if the "abuser" understands that she is unarmed and the waiting period involved. More broadly, freedom. Is freedom dangerous? I think it is. But not nearly as dangerous as the loss of freedom.

Do we really think the guy dreamed this up the day he bought the gun?

Anybody that has attended a "Fire and Brimstone" S. Baptist sermon, the shooter's church, might guess that the guy was more afraid of damnation due to sex misbehavior than he was murder. Those preachers can really get ya scared. I imagine the shooter brooding about this for weeks/months, maybe longer. His parents turned him in, so even they knew about his issues.

Warnock's comments today were a new level of Todd.

"What does it say that someone can pick up their firearm and the same day commit crime?"

Let that sink in.

Warnock's comments today were a new level of Todd.

"What does it say that someone can pick up their firearm and the same day commit crime?"

Let that sink in.

What does it say if someone waits 10 days to commit their mass casualty event? How long did the Las Vegas shooter prepare?????

What does it say that a man can pick up a knife and the same day murder his wife and family? Or use his hands to strangle them? All on the same day! Right after leaving church. How long did BTK take to prepare for his murders?

What diff does it make??????????????????????????

NONE

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top