JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Unless everyone wears a mask, and does not eat together or mingle together? Everything as to be solo? Seems that the big may receded this summer and then, resume in the fall? Any sense to do rifle reloading now for big game?

Not sure where this is coming from. ODFW is still taking party applications for big game hunting. I have seen nothing from ODFW stating you have to hunt solo, maintain social distancing, etc.. Hell, there is no requirement that party applicants have to hunt together, they just apply for the same hunts. Bottom line, sight in your rifle and get ready for next season. Its not like hunting is a contact sport (well maybe duck hunting on Sauvie Island).

That is a bit of an inflammatory post there tkd. I am planning my hunts for this fall as if it is business as usual. If I have to adjust as it gets closer then I will adapt and overcome.

Unless everyone wears a mask, and does not eat together or mingle together? Everything as to be solo? Seems that the big may receded this summer and then, resume in the fall? Any sense to do rifle reloading now for big game?
You could still hunt upland.
The biggest issue is stay AT LEAST (i.e., maybe even more!) 6 feet from each other.
I never knew of anyone who'd hunt Pheasant or Quail standing that close to each other.
...same could go for Deer, as well.
Just make sure one of ya's sits in the back seat, on the opposite side, if taking one vehicle out there....better yet, have everyone drive their own vehicle out to the huntin' spot and meet up that way.

Dean

I am trying to figure out a way to do this safely. Covid 19 is suppose to return in the fall. I am thinking that maybe the best way to do this is by myself in a solo camp and maybe my buddy in another solo camp with separate kitchens?

tkdguy,

Who says COVID-19 is going away before the fall?
We're still in the midst of it!
So I take it your concern is that you'll be sharing a hunting cabin?
Would've been nice to know that in your opening post.
Anyway, it seems your gut is telling you that everyone needs their own "shelter".
Sounds like a good idea.

Dean

Maybe by then the whole party can get a dated test,,,,, to participate.

If I had a tag and my own trailer even in a party hunt, it's about my family the campfire and to hell with that govenr

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top