JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When my son was a drum major at WSU they were going to California for a bowl game and he found out he had made it onto the terror watch list somehow. His name is not remotely middle eastern sounding (not that only middle easterners are terrorists). He finally got sick of it and contacted DHS. It was a pain and he had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, but he finally got off of it. Took him almost a year though. He now carries a copy of the letter that he got from DHS saying he had been taken off the watch list and carries it with him whenever he flies.

The grabbers will clutch at any straw to deny American citizens their 2nd amendment rights. This is just the latest excuse.

I believe I found myself on the watch list as well not long after it was established. Airline staff pulled me aside, and asked for additional pieces of ID. They would disappear with the ID for ten minutes or so, eventually returning, and I was good to go, but they refused to offer me an explanation. After two incidents like that, I also contacted DHS. DHS sent me a simple form (not reams of paperwork), which I filled out and returned. As I recall, they asked for pretty basic identifying information that I am certain that the FBI already had, given a number of previous background checks that I have been subjected to in the course of my employment. Within a few weeks I too got a letter that I carry when I fly. The issue hasn't arisen since then.

It is my belief that the "Watch List" is being misused. The intent was to identify known or suspected terrorists. I suspect that it is has degenerated to a tighter meshed sieve used to locate those with outstanding warrants, those behind on child support, and who knows what.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top