JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Read on another forum that Calif. doesn't let you bring in a double action revolver now??

That some people are converting their DA revolvers to SA??

Googled it and saw it multiple places, but then saw an online dealer that ahd a section of Calif. compliant handguns that included DA/SA revolvers.

I am confused. :s0076:

Read on another forum that Calif. doesn't let you bring in a double action revolver now??

That some people are converting their DA revolvers to SA??

Googled it and saw it multiple places, but then saw an online dealer that ahd a section of Calif. compliant handguns that included DA/SA revolvers.

I am confused. :s0076:

As the anti's in the PDRK intended when they wrote those laws.

From what I know, it's just a workaround (for now). Many coveted DA revolvers (like the Chiappa Rhino) are not on the "Safe Handgun Roster", so having them converted to SA, makes them compliant to to be imported into the PDRK via the "Single Action Exemption" (SAE). Once the owner gets his revolver out of jail, he can put it back to it's original configuration and voila, he now owns an "off roster" pistol.

There are a few FFL's that will do it for the buyers:
Second Amendment Zone | Alta Loma, California | Firearms, Ammunition, Ammo, Handguns, Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, Guns
Single Action Exempt (SAE) Revolver Conversions - EBR Works

Ray

Ray

There is another thread where I believe this went away in 2015. I try to convince my family trapped behind the curtain to buy now even if they don't believe they need to. Between this and their ammo situation the sunshine state has a huge cloud over it and the people really don't see it.

Just out of curiosity, could anyone explain to me why a double action revolver like the Chiappa rhino isn't allowed in Cali?

Because Californians have beauty standards and the Fugly quota has already been met, so they don't want anything more so ugly in their state? :D Why do you think they don't let The Yankee Marshal visit? He's permabanned because of his beauty :D

Pay attention folks, because that legislative cancer is migrating northward to Oregon and Washington...

Silly liberal gun grabbers are more concerned with the physical appearance than the actual functionality of the firearm...

I try to convince my family trapped behind the curtain to buy now even if they don't believe they need to. Between this and their ammo situation the sunshine state has a huge cloud over it and the people really don't see it.

I am trying to convince my Father to pick up a few handguns and rifles that normally hold more than 10 rounds before the Democrats start in on Oregon this Spring!!!

Personally I am moving an AR9 pistol that locks back with Glock mags and a new double stack carry pistol to the front of my wishlist.

Just when you thought the gun-control bullplop couldn't get any more ridiculous in Cali, they manage to do just that. I was aware of their "approved" list nonsense, but not that it was resulting in this modification. Sheez.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top