JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I went used parts shopping for my jeep. Stopped at Foster auto parts. Sign in the windows,"no concealed weapons. I left without spending any of my money and have no reason to return as long as that sign is in the window. I am sure they must have voted foe Obama both times.

Last Edited:
I usually just ignore signs like this. I have been known to ask the manager why they foster (pun intended) a gun free killing zone.

Can any of these idiots even point to a single event where a legal conceal carry person committed a crime? The simple answer is they can't. In a case like this, they lose my business, and yes, I do let them know. In other instances where I may not have a choice, I simply keep it concealed and go in anyway - they're not frisking, so how will they even know? My safety is more important than their anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment, anti-freedom bias. The worst they can do is ask you to leave - you're not doing anything illegal.

Lots of other car parts places around. Boycott Foster's, but do be sure to let them know why.

Can any of these idiots even point to a single event where a legal conceal carry person committed a crime? The simple answer is they can't. In a case like this, they lose my business, and yes, I do let them know. In other instances where I may not have a choice, I simply keep it concealed and go in anyway - they're not frisking, so how will they even know? My safety is more important than their anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment, anti-freedom bias. The worst they can do is ask you to leave - you're not doing anything illegal.

Lots of other car parts places around. Boycott Foster's, but do be sure to let them know why.

This.

/thread

A perfect reason to have invested in a small stack of business cards saying:

I respect and support your right to control your property. However, since you do not support my right to peacefully bear firearms on your property, I will therefore be supporting some other business that does.

And a signature.

Walk in, politely leave the card on the counter, and walk back out. Do NOT say anything, do NOT engage, do NOT make a big show of it, just a quick in, leave card, and then politely and quietly back out.

Have friends do the same. Emphasis on "in, politely leave card, walk back out without saying anything." A smile and a nod would not be inappropriate during the process.

A perfect reason to have invested in a small stack of business cards saying:

I respect and support your right to control your property. However, since you do not support my right to peacefully bear firearms on your property, I will therefore be supporting some other business that does.

And a signature.

Walk in, politely leave the card on the counter, and walk back out. Do NOT say anything, do NOT engage, do NOT make a big show of it, just a quick in, leave card, and then politely and quietly back out.

Have friends do the same. Emphasis on "in, politely leave card, walk back out without saying anything." A smile and a nod would not be inappropriate during the process.
I am going to disagree with you. Don't just leave it in the counter, make sure you hand it to a manager or better the owner. Some not caring counter clown is just going to toss it. If you're going to boycott the only way it is affective is to get your message to the company.

These signs mean almost nothing. What they really mean is, "If you are carrying a concealed handgun and we find out, then we can ask you to leave. If you don't leave, we'll call the cops".
I've never had the cops called on me.
I do like the business card idea and I'd ask to speak to a manager to give it to.
However, I have made decisions an where to spend my money based on these signs. You won't find me in Keith's!

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

However, I have made decisions an where to spend my money based on these signs. You won't find me in Keith's!
I've been to Keith's twice, first time I didn't notice the sign and carried, the second time I left the handgun in my car. But after the treatment I got there I haven't been back. Too many of their buddies in the store to bother helping a customer.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I've been to Keith's twice, first time I didn't notice the sign and carried, the second time I left the handgun in my car. But after the treatment I got there I haven't been back. Too many of their buddies in the store to bother helping a customer.

And that's the other reason...

I am going to disagree with you. Don't just leave it in the counter, make sure you hand it to a manager or better the owner. Some not caring counter clown is just going to toss it. If you're going to boycott the only way it is affective is to get your message to the company.

The only thing I'd offer is that the longer you are there and the more that you engage, the greater the possibility of hearing something like "Why yes, officer, I told him to leave and he refused," (whether you did or didn't) followed by, "Sir, turn around and place your hands on top of your head." Or whatever an arresting officer says nowadays. :confused:

To the extent that you'd like to make sure a manager sees the card - and that's a worthwhile thought - consider having it pre-placed in an envelope addressed to "Manager, XYZ Store, Anytown" or somesuch and then dropping that at the counter. Consider having a bunch of friends swing by at the same time, each dropping an identical envelope.

See further discussion at "Group W Bench."

I'd agree with the post above that a short, POLITE phone call to corporate explaining that you will not be shopping there due to their anti-gun policies would not go amiss. :D

As much as we may hate it, it is still their property. We, as responsible CC folks, should abide by other people's requests on their property. We/you may not like it, but as responsible gun owners don't just blatantly disregard their request(s) on their property.

**I hate the look of people wearing Birkenstock's with calf-high socks, Khaki shorts, etc. I haven't posted a sign on my house (yet), but I let those folks know. If my sign says "No [said items] allowed", and you walked past it wearing said items, I'd be thoroughly PO'd for the blatant disregard for MY request on MY property.

You are absolutely correct, please voice politely if you wish, politely drop me a note or a phone call, or don't ever come over to my house again - all in protest. But don't blatantly disregard the request.

Their property. Their requirement. Their request. It may be that way for some sort of insurance requirements anyway. That I don't know.

I do agree with seeing a sign like that and not doing business with them any more. I CC and also know where I spend my money. Those places with signs posted don't get my money.

Just my .02 cents

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads