JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think anyone is suggesting they don't have the right to ban them on their property, just that we also have the right to speak with our $$ elsewhere. What really gets me are businesses like Keith's that should be pro-gun (duh!), but restrict their customers from carrying. I just don't get that. It's like supposed pro-gun folks here that are all for more and more gun laws, it's a contradiction.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they don't have the right to ban them on their property, just that we also have the right to speak with our $$ elsewhere. What really gets me are businesses like Keith's that should be pro-gun (duh!), but restrict their customers from carrying. I just don't get that. It's like supposed pro-gun folks here that are all for more and more gun laws, it's a contradiction.

I was [sort of] referring to the folks that suggested "strap on, stay concealed and go anyway" (in so many words).

As for Keith's, I have not been there. I don't know. I have been to other gun shops and pawn shops. They usually have posted "Keep firearms holstered and/or concealed". I also saw one sign that said "Do no remove your gun from your holster until asked to do so".

As for the signage at Keith's, yea I agree. It makes no sense....

I was [sort of] referring to the folks that suggested "strap on, stay concealed and go anyway" (in so many words).

As for Keith's, I have not been there. I don't know. I have been to other gun shops and pawn shops. They usually have posted "Keep firearms holstered and/or concealed". I also saw one sign that said "Do no remove your gun from your holster until asked to do so".

As for the signage at Keith's, yea I agree. It makes no sense....

I guess I'm one of those then ;) Considering those 'no gun' signs are proving out to make a business more dangerous to me and my family, I will at times go in and simply stay concealed. They don't know I have it, so no biggie. If something happens, I've still got the opportunity to defend myself, sign or no.

As much as possible though, it's my preference to avoid businesses with that sign. If I have little or no other options than to use that store, I'll do so a bit grudgingly, carrying the whole time. It's getting difficult to avoid those businesses entirely, but I do when I can.

I've also seen a similar sign on Northwest Armory - I don't remember the wording, but I seem to recall it would exclude even concealed carry. Again, that makes no sense to me since the lawful conceal carry folks aren't the ones you have to worry about.

I have seen a criminal look at one of those no guns allowed signs and decide to abort the robbery they had planned.... NOT...except in Ginny Burdick's fantasy world

Today I went used parts shopping for my jeep. Stopped at Foster auto parts. Sign in the windows,"no concealed weapons. I left without spending any of my money and have no reason to return as long as that sign is in the window. I am sure they must have voted foe Obama both times.
Well, if they say no Concealed Weapons are allowed, then just go in and Open Carry.. ;) I may consider doing that next time I read a "No Concealed Weapons" sign.

As much as we may hate it, it is still their property. We, as responsible CC folks, should abide by other people's requests on their property. We/you may not like it, but as responsible gun owners don't just blatantly disregard their request(s) on their property.

**I hate the look of people wearing Birkenstock's with calf-high socks, Khaki shorts, etc. I haven't posted a sign on my house (yet), but I let those folks know. If my sign says "No [said items] allowed", and you walked past it wearing said items, I'd be thoroughly PO'd for the blatant disregard for MY request on MY property.

You are absolutely correct, please voice politely if you wish, politely drop me a note or a phone call, or don't ever come over to my house again - all in protest. But don't blatantly disregard the request.

Their property. Their requirement. Their request. It may be that way for some sort of insurance requirements anyway. That I don't know.

I do agree with seeing a sign like that and not doing business with them any more. I CC and also know where I spend my money. Those places with signs posted don't get my money.

Just my .02 cents

Fair point, except...

Well, let me get all technical here and point out that, as you admit, regarding the sign "you don't know." There is no way of knowing if that sign actually reflects the owner's wishes. It may be a leftover from a previous owner. It could be against corporate policy. It could be something put there by a hoplopathic or hoplophobic employee without any authority to issue a trespass order. It may have been slipped in there unnoticed by a customer. Thus my interest in communicating to the manager my point about the sign. And the suggestion of a follow up call to higher up is well-taken as well.

You are, of course, free to assume that the sign was placed there by someone with legal authority to do so and conduct yourself accordingly. :D

As much as we may hate it, it is still their property. We, as responsible CC folks, should abide by other people's requests on their property. We/you may not like it, but as responsible gun owners don't just blatantly disregard their request(s) on their property.

If I was visiting someone at their home and they wished I wasn't carrying, I would leave it in my truck. But when talking about a business, I will continue to ignore the sign as I know that only I am going to be "responsible" for protecting not only myself, but my friends and family who are with me. I know that the store isn't likely to be able to defend me. Most of the stores that have signs like this have zero armed security...
I am the customer and I am right. I will respect their wishes by not showing my gun. I will exercise my right to concealed carry and no one, besides my friends and family, will know that I have a gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top