JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Unfreaking believable!!!!!!!!

I guess you can get a permit for anything these days eah? Me and my kids, my girls ages 11, 9 and 8 and my son age 5 were outside washing the cars and riding bikes on ourside street here in downtown Portland when around the corner comes 50+ nude people riding bikes!!!! I couldn't believe it. It pissed me off!!!! I made my kids look down the street until they passed. I then called 911. The lady who answered the call quickly told me that it was legal because they had gotten a permit!!!! What???? Grown men and women go to prison for many, many years for showing themselves to little lids, but this is ok???!!!!!! Unfreaking believable.

Our country's legal system is sooo messed up! Makes me sick.

So now we are in the house with the curtains pulled. I will be e-mailing complaints once I find out who to send them too. I bet it will be a waste of time though....

I guess you can get a permit for anything these days eah? Me and my kids, my girls ages 11, 9 and 8 and my son age 5 were outside washing the cars and riding bikes on ourside street here in downtown Portland when around the corner comes 50+ nude people riding bikes!!!! I couldn't believe it. It pissed me off!!!! I made my kids look down the street until they passed. I then called 911. The lady who answered the call quickly told me that it was legal because they had gotten a permit!!!! What???? Grown men and women go to prison for many, many years for showing themselves to little lids, but this is ok???!!!!!! Unfreaking believable.

So now we are in the house with the curtains pulled. I will be e-mailing complaints once I find out who to send them too. I bet it will be a waste of time though....
Yep Portland is known for their naked bike rides and it is t illegal.

911? Emergency, really? Your kids averted their eyes so they wont be scarred for life. What I think is messed up is that you can turn on the TV and see the most sick twisted murders and the darkest side of humanity and watch it as entertainment but if you see a boobie, people get all butt hurt and offended.

Just be glad they didn't smash your car windows with bike locks like they did with my friend's car. His offense was driving a bourgeoisie vehicle (base model BMW sedan).

911? Emergency, really? Your kids averted their eyes so they wont be scarred for life. What I think is messed up is that you can turn on the TV and see the most sick twisted murders and the darkest side of humanity and watch it as entertainment but if you see a boobie, people get all butt hurt and offended.

Yes. I hoped the cops would have come and arrested everyone of those people for being naked in front of my underage children. Noone asked for my permoission to let my little kids see grown naked people. I dont let my kids watch stuff like that on the T.V or the internet. To have that shoved in our faces out in the street is just wrong. People get arrested for being nude in public, for showing themselves to other people in other cars, etc... But they get to ride bikes nude????? And the city condoned it?

911 is an emergency phone number, you are absolutely wrong for calling it to report the naked riders, and I believe you should be charged with misuse of 911. That being said, I would have called the police myself (non emergency line)and I do every time I see the naked riders. It is against the law but as stated by PPP "there really isnt anything we can do, there is too many of them so we just enforce the traffic laws, and make sure nothing gets out of hand". But come on man, don't call 911 for crap like that, it's just not OK.

I can tell that you feel very strongly about this and I respect your views but I live six hours away and I have heard of the naked bike ride. Im sure next time you will note it on the calender and stay inside. Its not exactly my cup of tea to ride naked but I feel that it is part of what you get when live in a place like Portland or Seattle or Berkley. I feel that we have way too many laws on the books (something like 50k new laws that take effect nationwide everyyear), and our govt should focus on the economy and other more pressing issues rather than trying to legislate the pants onto hippies.

The philophosiphy that I have always lived by is "vote with your feet". I doubt you would see naked hippies on bikes if you lived in say Ontario or Pendleton.

Soooo...if someone is walking outside nude don't call 911? If someone is nude say in the Fred Meyers parking don't call 911? If some man just showed his privates to your little girls at a park don't call 911? And if naked people are riding bikes in front of my home with my underage kids playing in my front yard it is not an emergency? It should be stopped immediately before they go to another neighborhood and corrupt other innocent kids eyes and minds.

I'm with Father of Four on this one. We live in a depraved society. That includes the TV and naked bike rides.

I was caught right at the light at 2nd and Burnside two years ago and sat though the whole thing. All I can say is 99.9% of the people riding have no shame and should never be naked; should wear PJs even when at home LOL. Not one hot female in the whole lineup. An hour wasted.

As for kids, it has been my observation that when you make things evil and forbidden they have a tendency to gravitate to what you have put off limits. Preach about the evils of alcohol and you'll often later have a 17 year old alcoholic. That nudity and sexuality is dirty and your son steps out as gay. In fact, a very large percentage of trannies and drag queens are preacher's sons. I don't believe that is a coincidence.

Portland naked bike ride set to expose itself to city, traffic Saturday night | OregonLive.com

I guess you can get a permit for anything these days eah? Me and my kids, my girls ages 11, 9 and 8 and my son age 5 were outside washing the cars and riding bikes on ourside street here in downtown Portland when around the corner comes 50+ nude people riding bikes!!!! I couldn't believe it. It pissed me off!!!! I made my kids look down the street until they passed. I then called 911. <snip>
Yes, definitely you should have called 911. The naked human body should be covered 100% of the time. It is sinful to be naked and even sinful to see someone else who is naked. Now your kids will be scarred for life. Better seek counseling for them right now.

I was caught right at the light at 2nd and Burnside two years ago and sat though the whole thing. All I can say is 99.9% of the people riding have no shame and should never be naked; should wear PJs even when at home LOL. Not one hot female in the whole lineup. An hour wasted.

As for kids, it has been my observation that when you make things evil and forbidden they have a tendency to gravitate to what you have put off limits. Preach about the evils of alcohol and you'll often later have a 17 year old alcoholic. That nudity and sexuality is dirty and your son steps out as gay. In fact, a very large percentage of trannies and drag queens are preacher's sons. I don't believe that is a coincidence.

Portland naked bike ride set to expose itself to city, traffic Saturday night | OregonLive.com

The whole naked bike ride thing is about people making their political point and making a spectacle out of themselves ultimately to make other folks uncomfortable.

Just don't play their game. These people are a pimple on the butt of society. They are exhibitionists wanting you to react. Explain it to your kids just that way. It's no different than the kid in the lunch room at school that takes a mouth full or milk and then squirts it out of his/her nose with a straw.

Rant over!

911 is an emergency phone number, you are absolutely wrong for calling it to report the naked riders, and I believe you should be charged with misuse of 911. That being said, I would have called the police myself (non emergency line)and I do every time I see the naked riders. It is against the law but as stated by PPP "there really isnt anything we can do, there is too many of them so we just enforce the traffic laws, and make sure nothing gets out of hand". But come on man, don't call 911 for crap like that, it's just not OK.
I disagree! I'm tired of being made to feel wrong because I am normal, I have some class, and I'm respectful of others. This shouldn't have happened, its public indecency, there's places this could be OK, in front of people who do not wish to to see this nor wish their young children to see this it is not OK, and its not normal behavior, so calling 911 was appropriate.

We don't allow smoking in public places out of respect for other people, we should not allow this out of respect for other people.

This highlights the downhill slide of society where people of class, respect and moral fibre are now labeled as freaks.

I've got nothing against nudity, I very much enjoy the nude female figure but I don't sit in my living room with my girlfriend nude in front of my kids.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads