JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went looking for some extra mags today and all I could find locally were 1x Remington (in town) 1x Ed Brown (next town over) and Cannon has pro mags (I am not driving all the way to cannon for pro mags). So here's my question, why would you market and sell guns if you don't carry the necessary accessories for them? I would love to shop local but if you dont sell what I need then I guess I must go to Gator's. Also found a magpul sling 89.95 WTF.:(:(:(

They can order accessories for you, but it is difficult for a small shop to store and display inventory of accessories for every gun they sell.

They can order accessories for you, but it is difficult for a small shop to store and display inventory of accessories for every gun they sell.
I could be understanding of this except for the plethora of other mags one shop has for sale. If you are willing to take a chance on a bunch of off brand ar mags you can at least keep a stock of common 1911 mags on hand.

I like when a store tells me they can order me something. What good does that do? Do they think Im too dumb to order it myself? I just wanted the damn thing TODAY. Is that too much to ask?
^^This^^
To top it off, I've been chastised by a few to support my LGS.
WTH was I trying to do?
I always try to support the locale first and foremost. It's not my problem they don't keep stock on hand.
Or, what stock in accessories they do have on hand, is cheap chicom crap they sell to idiots.

I watched what happened to music retailers that cannot possibly hope to keep retail stock at wholesale prices.

I tell them what I want next week, and I get it from them. Everyone else shops online.

Now, I do too. I could not buy enough to keep them here myself.

I like when a store tells me they can order me something. What good does that do? Do they think Im too dumb to order it myself? I just wanted the damn thing TODAY. Is that too much to ask?
Yeah, that's how I feel about most things. I might have the LGS order a P365 just for the sake of it... I know I can go down to sportsman's and get it that day, but it's nice having them around. Especially that time my pops forgot to pack .32acp for his Webley knock off H&R pistol.
Ya just gotta understand, it's a sales pitch and they catch a few people who are too dumb, too lazy, or grew up with their general mercantile doing it that way (think sears catalogue old)... there's also the people who do this on principle.
I have replied to people who tell me that "well so can I!" And it is seldom met with positive reception. :s0084:

Yeah, that's how I feel about most things. I might have the LGS order a P365 just for the sake of it... I know I can go down to sportsman's and get it that day, but it's nice having them around. Especially that time my pops forgot to pack .32acp for his Webley knock off H&R pistol.
Ya just gotta understand, it's a sales pitch and they catch a few people who are too dumb, too lazy, or grew up with their general mercantile doing it that way (think sears catalogue old)... there's also the people who do this on principle.
I have replied to people who tell me that "well so can I!" And it is seldom met with positive reception. :s0084:

I guess that's where mom and pop stores either need to adapt, or become obsolete. Most people will buy online when it comes to small stuff. With that in mind, stock accessories for the guns you sell like magazines, holsters and scope mounts. You'll get sales off of that alone when someone buys a gun. Then, stock stuff that is popular no matter where you go.

It works for car dealerships.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads