JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Please tell me where any of you are seeing any real cops ON THE INTERNET defending Ian Birk.

Two points,
1. What difference does it make to the discussion that it happens ON THE INTERNET? That's your concept. The broader concept is that police back a bad cop ANYWHERE when they don't deserve it!
2. Why try to make it only about Birk? There are bad cops shooting innocent people all over the country, they are all bad, not just Birk.

Here's a couple of "free" points for you to consider,
1. Why call people who don't agree with you "asshats"? Do they teach you to interact with the public like that in police academy? Are you picking a fight? Do you like being called names? Have you ever heard of the Golden Rule? Maybe you should learn it. This is one of the reasons some of us consider cops to be worse than the average citizen.
2. I, for one, am talking about bad cops, AND, Anyone who sticks up for them! So, I take it you think all cops are good? What's wrong with saying bad things about bad cops?

Myself, I fear police when I read these stories, if they shoot me they get off easy, if I respond with violence in self defense I get a ring of police around my twitching body shooting at it. As a cop, you can't lose, as a "civilian" you can't win, unless you follow my rule, stay away from police!

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

And no they were not trying to outrun the cop, they did not even know he was behind them

If someone I know gets ripped off by a dishonest mechanic, and I go around talking to people about the thief, no honest mechanic will call me a "mechanic hater", so why is it that when we talk about a bad cop we are called "cop haters"?
An honest mechanic would automatically assume I'm talking, not about him, but some bad mechanic. But when I do the same exact thing about a bad cop I'm called a cop hater.

Maybe they know something about the average cop that I don't?

Several cop-hating asshats posting in this thread.

Yeah, the unions are so great. Really protected us from the on-going pay cuts and benefits reductions. Military setting? Do you know how many of us are prior military? Retired military? Combat veterans? Have it easy? Please. Do you even have a job now? Well-compensated? Compared to what/whom? Union saves our butts? Really? Enlighten us all on the terrific unions in Washington state. Please! Awesome pensions? Huh? What state do you live in?

Please tell me where any of you are seeing any real cops ON THE INTERNET defending Ian Birk. You won't find any. You guys are having such fun jumping on your bandwagon and patting yourselves on the back for the creativity your'e displaying in each post cop-bashing post. At least learn to spell accurately and utilize some proper grammar.

No need to call people names is there? If you want too go ahead as it just proves my point.

Yes your unions are great, you took a little pay cut or did not get your raise for 5 months and I am so sorry. But I recall an article in the Columbian and that is a news paper in Vancouver and it showed state wages vs. private sector over ten years. Cops, teachers, and nurses all receives on average 28% raises since the year 2000 and the private sector was given only .09%. Does that seem like a difference to you? Maybe not, but in my math it is a big difference.

And speaking of pensions, I wonder why so many states are going broke? Did you ever ask yourself that question? It seems like many states can't keep up with the pensions the unions forced states upon them.

Do I work? I work as an intern as I am receiving my masters in psychology so I work for free at the moment.

But keep on going on about how you did not get another 18% pay raise and get pissed that you make as much in retirement as when you were working as you deserve a lot more.

Seattle Police Officer Resigns Over Shooting: Top News Stories at Officer.com

Be sure to read the 3 pages of comments at the bottom of the page.

I was shocked to read overwhelming support for what looks like a murder to me, and somehow doubt that those calling it a "good shoot" would back me up under the same circumstances.

That's really the problem, the whole problem, far too many police are quick to back up a fellow officer, apparently more than willing to assume that he had justification for taking another human beings life. What it means to me is that the "Them versus us" syndrome is much stronger within police ranks.

It also means that no matter what I was doing to get shot, justice will be delayed or denied if the shooter was a policeman, because an investigation of a crime, or of a possible crime, cannot be thorough and professional if there is a bias toward the shooter before it begins. The worst part of what I just said is that I'm not sure that any policeman is willing to be unbiased when a cop is the shooter! Scary scary stuff!

Stay away from police!

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews