JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If someone was walking through my yard at night with a knife, I would shoot them. I wouldn't wait for them to make a move, or take the chance of them getting at my family.

False comparison. John T. Williams was not in anyone's yard at night. He was on a public street minding his own business in broad daylight.

Hah, let the same system that callously let a murderer off the hook and apply double standards for cops against civilians. Translation: shut up and fund our pensions.

Interesting that you argue this dirtbag's "life is ruined" and that seems to be enough punishment and that's the price to pay for the "Thin Blue Line". If that's the price to pay then I don't want this so-called "protection" funded with tax money extracted with the threat of imprisonment.

:s0155:

On top of this special treatment of a cop, our state legislatures are trying to put thru a bill to have a Blue Alert (like the amber alert) system to help protect cops, hey what about the rest of us?
While most cops are good people, if their powers and special protection is left unchecked, we will soon have a "Jack Booted, para-military police force here. Everyone with any authority in this state ie. park ranger, game agent, dog catcher, & etc. now gears up like a SWAT member and have broad police powers over the public. We are fast becomming the type of nation we have always fought against in the past.

Actually we are already far more of a police state than say, Nazi Germany ever was.. at their height they had about 5,000 cops in Germany.. New York City has far more, approximately 34,500

Woodcarver shooting aftermath: Change the law, don’t crucify prosecutor

King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg yesterday stepped up to the plate as too few public officials would and explained matter-of-factly that under current state statute, his office could not prosecute a Seattle police officer for shooting a woodcarver last August.
Public reaction has been largely negative, but a careful reading of RCW 9A.16.040, as this column quoted yesterday, left Satterberg no option.

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

Obviously all the people here were there when that incident occured. Either that or they're psychic. I can't figure how else they all seem to think they know exactly what happened. Ohh, that's right they read and listened to what the media chose to release. That must be all the truth.

Obviously all the people here were there when that incident occured. Either that or they're psychic. I can't figure how else they all seem to think they know exactly what happened. Ohh, that's right they read and listened to what the media chose to release. That must be all the truth.

Not only was there testimony by Officer Ian Birk and witnesses under oath at the inquest, Officer Ian Birk's own department said the shooting was "unjustified" and "egregious" Police brass: Shooting was unjustified and 'egregious'

Maybe you should explain to the Seattle Police Department how they got it wrong and they don't know what really happened.

As for relying on news reports, how do you know the World Trade Center was destroyed on Sept. 11? Were you there?

Last Edited:

Has it ever crossed your mind that the law might be unjust, or the so-called "public servants" might have ulterior motives? Or do you just take everything they say as is like a good little slave?

JohnWayne said:
That part is true but they both are a determination of facts. GJ in if a bill is true or not and a trial is a to determine guilt. In Frashour, the GJ looked at the facts and determined there was no merit to a criminal charge. So really, a GJ will determine if there is enough for a criminal case. Its not one sided because if it is, how would ANY cop be on trial?
I'm not too sure you understand what I'm trying to explain. Also, if you are interested in a bet, I will bet you that Birk will go to GJ and trial... Let me know about that bet.

Lucky for you I didn't take that bet. I didn't want to profit from a tragedy.

Who of your here has to put body armor on everyday to do their jobs?

Too bad John T. Williams wasn't wearing body armor when he went out for a walk that day.

Ironically, now that Officer Ian Birk has resigned, the streets of Seattle are a little bit safer.

Far more law enforcement officers are good people protecting Everyone in our society.
While at work, they don't know if the next footstep they take is their last or not.

Most people would agree with that. But that doesn't give police free license to shoot people because they are terrified that someone might - might - pose a threat. If they are that scared/nervous/jumpy/afraid/fearful that they won't "go home to their family at the end of their shift" (or to his sister's wedding, as Ian Birk testified) they shouldn't be police officers. Leave the job to those tough enough to handle it.

When I try to think of times when I actually needed police I can't think of any, not that the times don't exist when the existence of a police force keeps me from becoming prey for some psychopath, but I can't think of any time I've ever needed a cop to come to my aid. But reading these stories makes me fear police, that's not my fault, so whose is it?

What I'm trying to say is that I actually fear the police more than the criminals, in a life and death kind of way. I know that I'm talking about a perception based on unusual cases, but nonetheless that's what is becoming "normal" for many of us. Police need to stop standing up for the cops who kill people who aren't threatening them, it only takes a few cases like this to bring on the feelings of fear of the police. When police back the bad apples it makes us fear them all.

When I try to think of times when I actually needed police I can't think of any, not that the times don't exist when the existence of a police force keeps me from becoming prey for some psychopath, but I can't think of any time I've ever needed a cop to come to my aid. But reading these stories makes me fear police, that's not my fault, so whose is it?

What I'm trying to say is that I actually fear the police more than the criminals, in a life and death kind of way. I know that I'm talking about a perception based on unusual cases, but nonetheless that's what is becoming "normal" for many of us. Police need to stop standing up for the cops who kill people who aren't threatening them, it only takes a few cases like this to bring on the feelings of fear of the police. When police back the bad apples it makes us fear them all.

You really shouldn't be afraid, as long as you aren't walking down the street with a legal folding knife, or sitting on a porch playing around with a garden hose water nozzle Calif. Police Officers Kill Man Pointing Water Nozzle, Not Gun - Crimesider - CBS News LBPOST.com: VIDEO: Attorney Disputes Police Claims In Zerby Shooting

watch the video hosted on this forum - it'll become clear.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top