JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
TWO FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ARRESTED ON GUN CHARGES - HANDGUN RECOVERED

News Release from Portland Police Bureau
Posted on FlashAlert: January 21st, 2014 6:17 PM

This afternoon, Tuesday January 21, 2014, at 12:01 p.m., Youth Services Division officers responded to Franklin High School to investigate the report that a student was seen with a handgun at an off-campus location over lunch.

YSD officers arrived and spoke with staff who told police that they received a report that some students were off-campus for lunch at the Burger King location at Southeast Foster Road and Powell Boulevard, and that one student displayed a handgun to the group.

Officers learned the identities of the students involved and began contacting them in school. A handgun was recovered from one of the students after being called to the office. The loaded handgun was in the student's pocket.

During the investigation the officers learned that two 14-year-old male students had a dispute over a previous drug transaction and that one of the students stole his parents' handgun this morning and brought it to school to demand his money be returned from the alleged drug seller.

A 15-year-old associate of the 14-year-old who brought the gun to school obtained the gun after the incident at Burger King and placed the gun into his pocket. Another student aware of the situation immediately alerted school staff.

The 14-year-old who brought the gun to school and the 15-year-old who later possessed the gun were both arrested for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and lodged at Multnomah County's Donald E. Long Juvenile Detention Home.

###PPB###

Well I guess it is universally recognized by now, that anytime a drug deal goes bad you'll need a gun to fix it.
These kids are soo resourceful these days, seems like they mostly need some extra fear of Dad beating them
more & more often. I know that kept me from ever trying a stupid thing like this when I was a kid

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top