JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a resident in Tigard about to sell my rifle to a person from Redmond who says he has a dealer license (FFL 01). He tells me there is no need for a transfer or a background check cuz of his license. He says he will show me his ID and give me copy of his dealer license along with a bill-of-sale. Is this all legal and true? Should I be worried about breaking any laws? I'm hoping this isn't some sort of sting. Thanks in advance.

I've shipped plenty of rifles and pistols directly to an FFL.
USPS won't ship a pistol and Fed Ex / UPS require overnight delivery, which I assume they want to minimize the chance for any of their employee's to steal it.

IF your shipping a gun from one state to another it has been my understanding that it needs to go from dealer to dealer.

Maybe that's just pistols.

I'd do it for the insurance and paper trail personally.

He may have meant Redmond, OR.

We've got one too. ;)

I'm a resident in Tigard about to sell my rifle to a person from Redmond who says he has a dealer license (FFL 01). He tells me there is no need for a transfer or a background check cuz of his license. He says he will show me his ID and give me copy of his dealer license along with a bill-of-sale. Is this all legal and true? Should I be worried about breaking any laws? I'm hoping this isn't some sort of sting. Thanks in advance.

Under federal law, an unlicensed individual may sell to another unlicensed individual without performing a background check. It stands to reason that an unlicensed individual may sell to a licensed individual without a background check. You may want to double-check Oregon law to make sure you're in compliance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top