Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

No 45 ACP on the shelf

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Key-Hay, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Went to BiMart to get some 45 for my little Para (It doesn't like my SWC reloads). There was no 45 to be found. Checked 2 other BiMarts and no luck. Went to a Big 5 and found a Winchester 100 pack for $43 (Ouch).

Is there some kind of run going on with 45?

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I remember USA white box @ $10 a box and unlimited supply. Guess that dates me

3. CTD1986

CTD1986 Newport New Member

Ive run into the same deal between Newport and Lincoln city. Its hit or miss. Im convinced there is one guy out there hoarding .45 ammo. Atleast he is nice enough to leave the overpriced 100 packs behind.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, look around. I saw some fairly bare shelves at a Bi-mart last weekend. No clue if it was just that one or not.

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Plenty up here so far

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the local ACE hardware has piles of it. Did Bi Mart have a sale recently? Or has one of the Loons got loose again and is out filling up another credit card?

7. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Bi-mart just had a sale on .45 stuff. Mostly they carry the Blazer Brass. It was just on sale for 18.99? a box! I bought about six boxes of it and it seems to shoot really well. But I also picked up a case(500) of Winchester white box 230gr FMJ for $165.00 at the Rickreall gun show.

8. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Be careful if you reload that Blazer Brass uses small primers. I just reloaded abox for my son and it was like "WHAT THE ****"

9. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

I happened to look at that Sunday and wondered why the **** the primers looked so small! Thanks for the heads up, I do reload!

10. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

some reloads potentially available for trade.

11. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

I sooooo miss the $10/box days. My Para 14-45 will chew up my reloads all day long and not complain. My little Para LDA only eats factory (Carry guns should have factory anyway for legal reasons)

12. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I was in Fisherman's in Oregon City last week and it looked like they had plenty.

13. Shooter98

Shooter98 McMinnville, Or. Member

Contact Badman Bullets They have them in stock and free shipping if you order in bulk. They're awesome bullets!