JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How do I get help from a senator to clear up my form 1? It has been pending for 3 months now (actually 2 of them), and I live in Oregon with two VERY gun grabbing senators. I can see they will be of no help. Most apps get approved in 30 days or less. I have 2 chl's, one from Oregon, one from Utah. There should be no delay on the FBI BG check. HELP!

I'd say try your congresscritter…. but Defazio is it.

1D31463E-9DD1-4C12-8218-BA87A10E2D9A.jpeg

Guess what goes in the "O"….

Just as an exercise you might try your local representatives. Not sure what the climate is down there. I once got help on a local level that cleared up some red tape. Totally different issue though.

Yes, ask an expert email through ATF. Took 30 days for a response. I then called them and they said it was a delay at the FBI BC check. Unknown time to process..I know their backed up. But why are people getting 9-25 days on returns, and I am 90 days out. Form 1 through trust. I am complaining, but that has fallen on deft ears with ATF. Call me a whiner, but 3 months on a form 1 with a trust and guys are getting them out in 9 days?

You are at their mercy. ATF does not give two dog turds about you or that you have to wait.

I got 2 form 1 SBR's and my bro filed not long after I did. Got both in about 3 weeks. My bro never got the cover letter info from them after paying his $200. He got a pretty rude guy on the phone from back east and he told my bro that is being processed and he'll basically get it when he gets it.

Problem was, they never sent him a confirmation email with the form he needed to send in his prints with. I told him to call the local ATF field office in Portland and see if they could help. The whole thing pissed him off so he never called. He's just rolling with his pistol brace currently.

I'm also 90 days into a form 1. A co-worker is waiting on 2 from early July. Another one he filed in October was approved in 17 days. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I think it might depend on which reviewer gets the specific application.

Devil's advocate, even if it took 120 days, it's much much faster than if you bought an SBR of the shelf. I get that you're annoyed. Believe me, I'm annoyed I have to wait at all for the suppressor I bought earlier today. It's just the way things are, you'll live.

You are at their mercy. ATF does not give two dog turds about you or that you have to wait.

I got 2 form 1 SBR's and my bro filed not long after I did. Got both in about 3 weeks. My bro never got the cover letter info from them after paying his $200. He got a pretty rude guy on the phone from back east and he told my bro that is being processed and he'll basically get it when he gets it.

Problem was, they never sent him a confirmation email with the form he needed to send in his prints with. I told him to call the local ATF field office in Portland and see if they could help. The whole thing pissed him off so he never called. He's just rolling with his pistol brace currently.
Same thing happened to me last year (no cover letter received). The "Ask the Experts" was totally worthless. They did eventually refund the $200, then I re-submitted and all was good. Remember, it's the government, with typical government competence.

I look at the 17-30 day e-file turn around as a blessed gift. It never used to be like that. I paper filed a few before that became a thing. They were in the 18-24 month wait timelines.

Ive long become numb to NFA proceedings, but it is what it is. You are LITERALLY asking the overlords for permission. That is what you are doing, nothing more. The overlords system sucks, BY DESIGN, so just hang tight and be patient.

this is weird to me... last time i filed a form 1, average wait time for approval was like 5 months and that was the norm. i dont think ive personally ever waited longer than 3-4 months... still quite a bit longer than you.

are typical wait times substantially less, these days? why do i see people complaining about waiting a few weeks....? sometimes you have to wait - theres nothing that can be done about it, you just have to wait.

that said, because i may not be understand whats going on here - have you actually tried your senators or congressmen? just because theyre pro- gun-control doesnt necessarily mean they consider themselves to be anti-gun. its quite likely most of these D-labeled pro- gun-control representatives actually like the NFA and think thats how all semiautomatics should be handled and would be perfectly happy to help you if youre having a problem at the federal level.

the world is not black and white. people are rarely this-or-that- most are on a spectrum.

Same thing happened to me last year (no cover letter received). The "Ask the Experts" was totally worthless. They did eventually refund the $200, then I re-submitted and all was good. Remember, it's the government, with typical government competence.
HEY, Hey, hey......
Never forget that.....
i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show