JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about New Mexico, but most states require an imminent threat before lethal force can be used. It didn't look as though she was driving the vehicle at any officers so I doubt they'll be able to claim that there was an imminent threat.

It is possible that the officer who was shooting was attempting to shoot out the tires. After the lady was shot in DC last month for driving toward cops, the media all came to the conclusion that officers should have shot out her tires. Maybe the cops here were watching MSNBC and thought they'd give a shot. (Pun always intended)

She then takes them on a four-minute high speed chase into Taos, cutting into wrong way traffic before eventually pulling over and giving up in front of a hotel.

Seems she wasn't too concerned with the children's safety

I don't know about New Mexico, but most states require an imminent threat before lethal force can be used. It didn't look as though she was driving the vehicle at any officers so I doubt they'll be able to claim that there was an imminent threat.

It is possible that the officer who was shooting was attempting to shoot out the tires. After the lady was shot in DC last month for driving toward cops, the media all came to the conclusion that officers should have shot out her tires. Maybe the cops here were watching MSNBC and thought they'd give a shot. (Pun always intended)

I would guess that given her previous actions the officer probably assumed (as I did watching and would on the scene) she was a risk to public safety while driving. Much more likely to kill an innocent in a high speed pursuit.

They shouldn't have opened fire.. Looks like the "backup" was to blame for not being filled in on the entire situation..
But still, even with my crass opinion about the jackboot policy enforcers (police).. The mom looked to be in the wrong and acted erratically by just driving off..
However, We still don't know what all transpired and the young teen actually could have been defending his mom from that SS stormtrooper..

Ive seen it go both ways.. So Im not sure what to think about this other than, the back up should have been better informed and not have opened fire without knowing what the cargo was inside the van (kids)... Buuut then again if he heard officer attacked by male after being pulled over a second time the miscommunication can be understood.. Tricky stuff.
Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

It kinda looked like the "kid" was trying to disarm the officer. I don't know what protocol is regarding fleeing felons and cops but not really a good idea anyway.

I would guess that given her previous actions the officer probably assumed (as I did watching and would on the scene) she was a risk to public safety while driving. Much more likely to kill an innocent in a high speed pursuit.

Every pursuit its a risk to public safety but we can't shoot people for running. If we did society might be better off and the jails slightly less crowded but we have that pesky constitution protecting criminals from law enforcement.

The majority of our populace is fine with turning a blind eye when we see cops deliver a little extra "force" at the end of a chase. We think, "If you run from the cops you're lucky to walk away with just a black eye." But shooting at an uncooperative suspect is pushing the bounds of civilized.

.... And I hate to say this, but I'm glad that the cop doing the shooting appears to be the same race as those in the van. Hopefully we won't hear how racist law enforcement is after this.

Every pursuit its a risk to public safety but we can't shoot people for running. If we did society might be better off and the jails slightly less crowded but we have that pesky constitution protecting criminals from law enforcement.

The majority of our populace is fine with turning a blind eye when we see cops deliver a little extra "force" at the end of a chase. We think, "If you run from the cops you're lucky to walk away with just a black eye." But shooting at an uncooperative suspect is pushing the bounds of civilized.

.... And I hate to say this, but I'm glad that the cop doing the shooting appears to be the same race as those in the van. Hopefully we won't hear how racist law enforcement is after this.

That was Obama's son and daughter in the van....common man, when does Obama, Jesse Jackson, or Al Sharpton miss an opportunity to be racist against white people? Those 3 are filled with hate. Honestly, I think they do more harm than good. If they want to improve the quality of life for black Americans they need to get the ghetto gansta subculture abolished.

this is what really happened :s0112:

qo8d.jpg

it's unfortunate kid was inside van, but if you do stupid bubblegum like that when pulled over by a cop, you know how things will go down.

I was surprised to NOT see the kid shot when he rushed the officer! I think the initial officer showed some dangerous restraint. Many videos showing similar instances do not end well for the officer. Now the officer shooting, that appears to be excessive and he was probably jacked up with an "Officer in distress" call, but there may have been a weapon in the van pulled on the officers that we could not see. Either way, the driver started this story down the wrong path.

I was surprised to NOT see the kid shot when he rushed the officer! I think the initial officer showed some dangerous restraint. Many videos showing similar instances do not end well for the officer. Now the officer shooting, that appears to be excessive and he was probably jacked up with an "Officer in distress" call, but there may have been a weapon in the van pulled on the officers that we could not see. Either way, the driver started this story down the wrong path.

I think the cop should have tazed mom early on when she started to resist, BUT when the kid came around and started in, I have no issue/problem what so ever with real bullets being used. 2-1 can turn to dog doo doo REAL QUICK

Post game observations;

The officer should have tased the boy. He approached aggressively and was intent of contact

The second time the woman pulled away from the officer he should have tased her. She fled in a vehicle and then resisted, clear cut.

The second time the boy encountered the officer his duty weapon should have been deployed, not employed but at least drawn.

-----

I think this went the way it did due to the race of officer and subject.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top