JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$650
Manufacturer
Nikon
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Nikon EDIII-A, $675 shipped to lower 48. Less for local sale FTF.

Includes 30x fixed eyepiece, lens caps, and Nikon zippered soft case (like a bag, not the stay-on case). The tripod adapter shown in the images is not included. I know that the model names and different versions of the Fieldscopes might be confusing. It sure was for me when I went on a quest to get a Fieldscope!
  • ED = ED-glass to reduce chromatic aberration and enhance image quality
  • III = 60mm, waterproof
  • A = angled
The III version are waterproof, whereas the I and II were not. All three models were made in Japan, the III being the last. The ED have a red ring around the sunshade. The non-ED do not. The newer Monarch, which is a similar design, is made in China.

Just inspected by Nikon USA

This 60mm just came back from the Nikon service center in CA. I had a damaged 82mm and shipped the 60mm with it for cleaning and inspection, as there was plenty of room in the box. Nikon provided a QC Report dated 08/29/2022 indicating that everything meets their standards. I will provide it to the buyer.

Scope and EP are in good condition other than some superficial scratches in the paint on the body. I do not see any scratches in the lenses when viewed with a bright light and magnifier.

I did a basic diffraction test and resolution test, and I could not find any issues. Apparently this is what these Fieldscopes are known for. High build quality with few lemons. However I'm not an optical technician, but it does have the clean bill of health from Nikon.

Eyepiece

Comes with a 30x WF eyepiece that has the twist up eyecup, not the older rubber fold down version.

If a buyer doesn't want the 30x eyepiece, I would consider selling the scope without it. The 30x is extremely nice though, and very desirable to some Fieldscope fans. Wide FOV, bright, and better eye relief than the zoom EPs.

I have compared this 60mm scope with 30x EP side-by-side to my latest 82mm Fieldscope with zoom set at ~30x and the 60mm really shines with the fixed EP. That combo doesn't give up much to the 82mm with zoom. Very clear, sharp, and bright. If I were to keep the 60mm, I would definitely choose the 30x over the zoom. Only when it got close to complete darkness did the 82mm pull ahead. I think it's pretty remarkable for a 60mm.

This is not an easy eyepiece to find, so I wouldn't mind keeping it for myself. I think it's considered optically superior to the more common 20-45x MC zoom eyepiece with fold down rubber piece. If a buyer wanted a zoom EP, I would suggest the 20-60x version called the MCII. They are supposedly a newer optical design, have the twist up cup, and are available at eBay. Sometimes in the classifieds.

Back up for sale

I originally had this for sale, then when I discovered a problem with my first 82mm I took the ad down not knowing if I would need this 60mm this year for hunting season. I ended up getting another 82mm and don't have a need for a 60mm spotter at this time.

Not much wiggle room on this. Just trying to recoup my cost.

IMG-20220818-145015.jpg

IMG-20220818-142646.jpg

IMG-20220818-142628.jpg

IMG-20220818-143020.jpg

IMG-20220909-105106.jpg

IMG_20220818_145015.jpg IMG_20220818_142646.jpg IMG_20220818_142628.jpg IMG_20220818_143020.jpg IMG_20220909_105106.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Up for a day or two. If no interest, I will keep it.

I was thinking that I just need one spotter, but realized that this would be a good loaner or backup.

Last Edited:
One last bump... $650 shipped, is as low as I can go.

Not easy to find this angled version with ED glass, and with one of the better eyepieces. And clean bill of health from Nikon. Most I see for sale are straight eyepiece, or non-ED, and some with less desirable eyepieces (e.g. old 20-45x design).

This scope with 30x eyepiece has more field of view than the zoom set at 20x. According to the spec sheets, it also has more FOV than the Swarovski ATS and ATX.

With the 30x eyepiece the image rivals my 82mm ED82-A with zoom eyepiece. Typically, I would expect the 60mm to be noticeably dimmer, and it is using a zoom eyepiece, but with the 30x it appears just as bright as the 82mm. It's only at the very last few minutes of light where the 82mm is better. And that is getting close to near darkness.

Anyway, one last try. I need some camera equipment but it wouldn't break my heart to keep this spotter as a loaner.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top