JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a small safe for the nightstand that will fit in a drawer and locks.

Just looking for a couple of recommendations from those that might have something similar. Purpose is to keep roving hands and eyes off the piece, not for preventing theft.

The locking mechanism doesn't have to be fancy, and I'm on a budget.

What do you have and what do you like about it?

I've got a Gun Vault Mini "Deluxe" coming. The "Deluxe" moniker indicates it can be powered off an external AC-to-DC converter. my intent is to plug this AC-to-DC converter into a computer-style UPS [un-interruptable power supply], that gives you maybe 15 minutes on a computer, so a bit more time with this much lower powered Vault.

result: triple redundancy: [1] internal batteries on Gun Vault Mini, [2] AC power supply [3] backup of AC for a while if AC fails.

This will go near my sleeping position, without being obvious, while being accessible.

No BullSh** mine just stopped working tonight (the one in my office) I thought it was the AA's were going out and I replaced them it just makes this strange noise when I put in my code? I will call them tomorrow to see what they can do for me. I have had mine around 6yrs or so it's the first problem I have had.

I've had a <broken link removed> for the past two years. I don't care of the squishyness of the buttons, but it's worked without any problems. I think it may fit into a drawer better than the Mini. It comes with a cable that you can wrap around a drawer leg or something else. Not a high security device, but probably enough to dissuade a smash-n-grab burglary or kids from getting at your gun(s).

One of their Nano vaults might be another option - but I haven't used these & they use a more traditional locking system.

One other consideration about the Micro/Nano vaults - you can take them with you on trips. I didn't think this would matter when I got it, but we go to a family cabin & the Micro is small enough to shove into the suitcase while I'm doing other things. Then, I don't have to worry about kids/whoever messing with my gun, yet it remains pretty available.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top