JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When 1911's drop below 4 inches, reliability becomes a lot more challenging. So on the one hand, it's Nighthawk so I'm sure the thing runs or they can get it to run if there's a problem. On the other hand, why risk it for all of a half inch...and particularly when slide length isn't usually difficult for most people to conceal?

I also personally prefer a bit longer sight radius. But that's me.

As for the money...a Volkswagen and a Porsche will both get you down the road. And a Craftsman wrench and a Snap On wrench will both turn the nut. Only YOU can determine if the extra money is worth it to you.

Nighthawk makes a good product. I'd put them in the same category as Wilson Combat, Guncrafter Industries, and a few other. I own a couple of Wilsons btw for whatever that's worth. I also think that everyone who is a fan of the 1911 should treat themselves to at least one high end 1911 at some point in their life. But again, only you can decide if the money is worth it to you.

When 1911's drop below 4 inches, reliability becomes a lot more challenging. So on the one hand, it's Nighthawk so I'm sure the thing runs or they can get it to run if there's a problem. On the other hand, why risk it for all of a half inch...and particularly when slide length isn't usually difficult for most people to conceal?

I also personally prefer a bit longer sight radius. But that's me.

As for the money...a Volkswagen and a Porsche will both get you down the road. And a Craftsman wrench and a Snap On wrench will both turn the nut. Only YOU can determine if the extra money is worth it to you.

Nighthawk makes a good product. I'd put them in the same category as Wilson Combat, Guncrafter Industries, and a few other. I own a couple of Wilsons btw for whatever that's worth. I also think that everyone who is a fan of the 1911 should treat themselves to at least one high end 1911 at some point in their life. But again, only you can decide if the money is worth it to you.

4th night Hawk 2 Ed browns a Kimber and having a Cabot guns building one now for the next 18 months.
☹️☹️☹️ I have a 1911 problem

DAMN!! Well on the + side it's a 1911 :)
On the - side it's a 9mm :(
Now cost? I have to guess you must know you can buy a 9mm that is STONE COLD reliable for a fraction of that amount but, is it worth that much to you? It is your money. I have had a love affair going with the 1911 for almost 6 decades. I keep saying if I ever win the lotto I would have to have a couple really high end ones. I "could" just go buy one now. Wife would kick but would not leave me over it, at least I think :s0140:.
I just know that the one I paid 10K for would really not do any better for me that the ones I have now. Again though it's your money. If you want one of these? Hell buy one. Would love to see the range report which I am sure would be glowing, at least it better be at that price :cool:

They are just great looking guns. . .

(not mine)
z66nZq4.jpg

for that kind of money Id like to think I could get one custom made locally from scratch to all my specifications.

for that kind of money Id like to think I could get one custom made locally from scratch to all my specifications.
If I ever had basically unlimited funds to have stuff made I am sure I would come up with a few interesting and fun things. For this kind of money you could of course get a Smith to work over something already made into something quite impressive. Many my age or older remember when the 1911 "boom" hit and what it did for them. Used to be for the longest time you had basically 2 choices, even after some started making clones. You had an A1 or a Gold Cup. When some of the clone makers started offering "bells and whistles" models and someone would ask me about buying a 1911? I would say decide what you want, if you want extra's. Because to buy them mass produces was a fraction of what it cost to have them added later. Doing stuff one at a time is so pricey because it takes a pro so many hours to really change something that is already made. If it's not just a matter of swapping parts, where they have to do machine work and fitting it takes a lot of hours. There is a reason so many 1911's that are still produced in multiples still run enough to buy a nice used car.

Go for it! Can't go wrong here with this one, in my opinion.

In a little different perspective on 9mm 1911s:

I think 1911 9mm are great (I've had an Ed Brown light weight Commander & a Colt Gov model in 9mm), and that caliber in that steel platform will be a bit easier to shoot for us all as we age, or possibly experience arthritis in the dominant hand like most of us life long shooters experience.

*Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn have already made the transition to 9mm for their personal 1911s.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top