JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello fellow nwfa members, I am new to scopes and I dont know much about night vision, I want to be able to hunt coyote in my backyard at night. The problem is I don't want to spend $3000 on a night vision adapter so... What are my options, a friend told me all I have to do is buy an inferred light and install it on my gun. Is this true? If not please reply with anything helpful.

IR light is not visible to human eyes.

I don't hunt, but use spot light or flash light with red filter, it will not alarm predators.

An infrared light aids an already-installed night vision device/scope. Alone it is worthless.

This is probably the best bang for the buck in Night Vision right now. Gen1 buy it gets the job done. Has a light on board.

Yukon Mini Varmint Hunter NVRS Titanium 1.5x42 Night Vision Riflescope FREE S&H 26011. Yukon Night Vision Riflescopes.

Honestly, Using a weapon mounted flashlight would serve you better than any Gen 1 tube stuff. They can claim 75 yard visibility all they want, but all you will be able to see is pupils.

I disagree, although I am no night vision expert admittedly. I have one of the Yukon Gen1s and it shows a pretty clear image out to 50-75 yards. The point is remaining covert as the shooter, the game doesn't get spooked. Or of course SHTF there are those advantages; a bright light giving away your position.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top