JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For what platform. AK, AR, other...?

If its an AK/PSL/Saiga type platform, a relatively inexpensive 1pn34 can be had that bolts right to the receiver siderail. Mine works exceptionally well out to 400m (I haven't shot it out past that distance yet).

Keith

I would look for a good of Gen 2 monocular. It's going to cost a bit more than what you want to spend but you might find something in the ballpark. While it can see further than 100 yards it will see 100 yards more clear with less of a chance of using an IR light.

Best thing I can say is do your research! Call Chip or Victor down at TNVC.com and they will inform you and help you out more than anyone else. Hope this helps.

Since this is in the hunting section. You don't specifically say what you plan on shooting with the nightvision. But, have you looked at the hunting regs?

Hate to break it too ya, this is the reason I havn't bought NV. You can't kill any wildlife with NV, per the regs, Per ODFW. Oregon pretty well screwed everyone with that. Doesn't matter if it's private land either. That's what I was told by ODFW,,,

Well you need to dog a little deeper then because it is definitely legal on private lands and has nothing to do with game regs. Think damage control. You have fell into the LEO trap of I dont think so so it must be illegal trap. Don't ever ask a LEO about a law ask a lawyer.

Well you need to dog a little deeper then because it is definitely legal on private lands and has nothing to do with game regs. Think damage control. You have fell into the LEO trap of I dont think so so it must be illegal trap. Don't ever ask a LEO about a law ask a lawyer.

I get your point. But, I didn't talk to an LEO. I talked to the ODFW people in salem,,, :s0112:

The Regs say under "prohibited methods" "Hunt any wildlife with infrared or other night vision sight" Later wildlife is defined as "fish, wild birds, amphibians, reptiles, wild mammals and feral swine" Which means if you use IR in Oregon you are in trouble!!

Now if you look for hunting with a spotlight there are three places where the exceptions are listed such as landowners hunting jackrabbits.

Yes that is correct ODFW does not have any exceptions for IR. They need one they states "IR can be used for Unprotected mammals by landowners or agents" Until then it is a no go.

When we spotlight jackrabbits we always notify the local OSP so they do not come running when somebody reports us. Every time I have asked about IR and they have said it is illegal as the reg is now written because they did not include any exceptions. They also told me IR should be treated the same as a visible light.

Start writing those letters to ODFW.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top