JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned a pair of Russian gen1 goggles, a handheld gen1 monocular and a 1pn34 Russian AK scope. All worked and provided good views. I found that 1.) the goggles restricted peripheral vision too severely, 2.) the handheld was awkward to use when trying to accomplish another task, and 3.) the AK-dedicated scope would not allow its use on a non-AK platform. I've sold them all over the years and am thinking a headgear-mounted monocular would be best. It would retain peripheral vision, the use of both hands, and work with all of the red dots on my various rifles. Gen1 units look to start around $300 to $400. Optics Planet, Kalinka, etc have them.

Keith

If you are gonna go the AN/PVS-14 route, make sure you get it with all of the parts and pieces. It should come with an eye cup, and a collapsible eyepiece with a weapon mount. They also come with a strap for the older style Kevlar, and it can be modified to be worn on the head, but it's not terribly comfy. They have a neat feature that shuts the monocular off if it's flipped up on the helmet...and the battery life is great.

Whatever you do, don't go for a binocular, or 2 eye system, it kills any night vision you have naturally.

Id contact jason at JC weaponry if you need anything from TNVC plus he is wealth of knowledge on the subject and can point you in the right direction

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top