JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went with an ATN Mars 6x gen 3 for my 91, (ordered it over the weekend)and next will be an Armasight gen 3 biocular. Both can use AA or CR123 batteries, a very nice feature. I prefer this combo with a thermal monocular for spotting. The one type of NV that has come down in price is thermal, and that's next on my list (riflescope)

I choose the higher resolution model. Have a German claw mount waiting

ATN Mars6x Gen.3 Night Vision Weapon Scope NVWSMRS630 NVWSMRS63A (14544 / 14554) FREE S&H NVWSMRS63A, NVWSMRS630. ATN Night Vision Riflescopes.

I'll go with the same on the biocular

Armasight Discovery 5x Gen 3 Night Vision Biocular FREE S&H NSBDISCOV533DA1, NSBDISCOV533DB1. Armasight Night Vision.

Here's the thermal monocular

FLIR Scout PS-32 Thermal Handheld Monocular FREE S&H 431-0009-01-00S. FLIR Systems Thermal Imaging.

Some other options for thermal monoculars at amazon

Amazon.com: flir scout

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Noticed Cocktailers radio.. I have a pair of encrypted units already but they use obsolete, hard to find factory battery packs and not simple AAs. Look into Vertex encrypted units, I'm soon to buy a 4 pack with chargers. Bigfoot beware

Looks like some quality gear there Blitzkrieg. I am waiting on thermal too. It's on my want list when the price comes down and resolution goes up.

I couldn't imagine anything being more 'fun' than a good thermal scope. $5500+ is just too rich for my blood though. Would love to have an ATN ThOR 320 1X (60Hz), maybe a 2x.

People must really love the ones they have. They never seem to come up on the used market, or if they do, they are close to new price anyway.

That MARS 6x G3 is sweet also, but damn I wish the high end toys were not so spendy. I have a N550 poor mans night scope; it is worth the $, just not in the same league though.

You know this is the problem with this board. All these people cracking jokes are going to be the same ones complaining that NV is now $50,000 and everyone is gouging.:rolleyes:

Also the same ones that watched Red Dawn a couple times too many and expect an invasion by US backed Cuban paratroopers each night while typing the next ridiculous thread. Best one this week was the guy who was serious in loading his shotgun with #4 buck, 00 buck, and slugs in that order....in case the bad guys withdrew and came at him from a different angle.

This week I've been called a hater and a troll and been diagnosed by an amateur psychiatrist here. Do you guys think I really care what some of you think of me ? You don't know me. You don't know the first thing about me. Trust me there is plenty more hateful people here than I. Paranoid ones too.

Still, NV would be a fun toy.

SHTF = most likely lights out indefinitely. I can't see how having some sort of night vision, even if just binoculars, would be a poor decision ahead of time. A $400 NV device is better than nothing, and of course lots of flashlights and batteries.

With starlight, moonlight or urban survival level lighting on at a few homes (lanterns, fireplace, etc) even level 1 is useable.. the real danger comes if you use the IR illuminators, anyone with NV will pick that right up

There lies the problem with lesser quality NV. Sure you can see a bit of distance and they are better than nothing. Until someone else has better NV and they see your visible light or IR light from a mile away. It (good quality nv) isn't just about image quality, it's about how usable your NV is with no moon. Can you function without the aid of IR light. If not, you are at a disadvantage.

There lies the problem with lesser quality NV. Sure you can see a bit of distance and they are better than nothing. Until someone else has better NV and they see your visible light or IR light from a mile away. It (good quality nv) isn't just about image quality, it's about how usable your NV is with no moon. Can you function without the aid of IR light. If not, you are at a disadvantage.

For this same reason I am leery of IR laser targeting systems, even were they easy to obtain

In a pinch you can use a aimpoint / eotech, even from a helmet mounted unit. Also you can use an ACOG if you have one. But I do prefer to use my IR laser.

HAHAHA Hell I'm still looking for bricks of 22lr (at decent prices), NV no good if you don't have booolets. Dont get me wrong I'm fairly well off on other cal's, but down to about 1,500 22lr and that don't last long plinkin with the kiddos.

In a pinch you can use a aimpoint / eotech, even from a helmet mounted unit. Also you can use an ACOG if you have one. But I do prefer to use my IR laser.

This is one aspect of the G3 claw mounts that makes the roller locks superior fighting rifles.. I can have an Eotech, a day scope or NV in seconds just by swapping out the units from my pack. Add a 4th option of thermal weapon scope and you can't get better in 2013

HAHAHA Hell I'm still looking for bricks of 22lr (at decent prices), NV no good if you don't have booolets. Dont get me wrong I'm fairly well off on other cal's, but down to about 1,500 22lr and that don't last long plinkin with the kiddos.

No matter what comes I have a hard rule that only 10 to 15% of my ammo purchases are shot for practice/training. Like saving up money, gold, silver, etc it adds up

from personal experience,IMHO, I would avoid ATN products, they are a living H.E.L.L. when it comes to warranty/ repair work.total disregard from customer service....your mileage may vary.

from personal experience,IMHO, I would avoid ATN products, they are a living H.E.L.L. when it comes to warranty/ repair work.total disregard from customer service....your mileage may vary.

All the reviews I've read were positive. I'll do a review, limited though it will be

I love the what ''why do you need that for'' question. We need food and shelter. Everything else is something we want. And most people have a lot of what they want!
A nice lady can have a new Cadillac and $170,00 worth of crystal gold trimed unicorns in lighted display cases all over her house. And she askes me why I need a Barrett? Look. When you get done looking at yourself. And you don't have anything you ''want''! Then ask me ''what do you need that for''? And if you just don't get it, then don't ask. As if you don't have something somebody else would ask.""what do you need that for? Like your guns maybe? Dang ol finger pointers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top