Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Night stand options

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by NUCLEARMJ, Oct 29, 2010.

1. NUCLEARMJ

NUCLEARMJ Lafayette/Hillsboro Member

Started looking for a piece to have a night stand gun, i currently have a px4 sub compact in 9mm which is a great piece and works for conceal carry but im thinking of something a little bigger for a home gun. Share what you have as your night stand weapon of choice/ share suggestions. going to go look at a xdm 40 tomorrow

2. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

I just put my EDC on the nightstand when I go to bed. compact 1911 in 45 ACP

3. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I use the same gun I carry, but it is pretty large. Sig p229 with surefire x300, tritium night sights, and the 17+1rd magazine.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Remington 870 Police Magnum Vang Comp...

Only point of a handgun is to fight your way to the long gun you never should have set down in the first place...

5. nick425

nick425 Eastside of Lake Washington Member

+1

6. bloodnguts

bloodnguts Seattle Member

I know you said something bigger than 9mm, but I like my Smith & Wesson .38 special for my night stand gun. No cocking, safety ,or jamming. Try a .357 or any shotgun!

7. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Well... got an AR next to the bed too, but I figured op was talkin about handguns specifically.

8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

fair enough. In that case, there's generally a S&W 649 no dash .38 spc. and a S&W 1911 in .45ACP with a couple of flashlights within reach as well...

9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

A friend of mine uses a Taurus Judge for his in-home gun. I have a Ruger SR9c and a Remington 870 Tactical. But, that's just me :)

Greg

10. cosme9242

cosme9242 Kent Member

Urr looking for a 44 mag with a 8 1/2" barrel. Look into Taurus or Rossie if urr on a buget if not look into S&W or Colt. As for the previous post I tried putting the 12 guage on the night stand and it wouldn't fit.............but check under my bed:)

11. kaoboi503

kaoboi503 Gresham, OR Member

Unless you get an H&K Mark 23. It's an offensive handgun. H&K said so.

12. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Vancouver, WA Member

SA Full Size 1911 for the nightstand.

Mossberg 590 under the bed.

13. NUCLEARMJ

NUCLEARMJ Lafayette/Hillsboro Member

Just trying to go for something practical, i love revolvers but hate that after 5 or 6 rounds your out and have to go running for the next gun, xdm 40 holds 16 +1 but im not generally a fan of the glock style guns and it would be nice if it was something i could get the wife to use.

Wish i could afford one of these
    http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/nuclearmj/pix323764375.jpg

14. USMC1345

USMC1345 Gresham, OR Member

My daily carry XD45c in my night stand, and another XD45 in my wife's night stand. Unlocked safe on the other side of my night stand, so long guns are close and easily accessible.

15. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I have an AR and a few handguns... I Have the AR under my bed just cause its an ok place to hide it.. I have my Sig P239 .40 on my night stand with a surefire G2 light next to it.... My other handguns are in their cases sitting in their cases loaded on my closet..