JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have a few threads of random photography related potpourri but what about good honest photos we take on a daily basis?

Last night I spent some time up on Mary's Peak to get above the city lights and distortion of town to get away from the house for a bit.

I was on the eastern edge and the warm wind from the valley was gently blowing up and keeping me really warm. Grasshoppers jumping in the grass and responding to my red headlamp.

There is minor touch ups on some photos to enhance the contrast but last night the sky looked amazing of its self. I'm considering one of these as a canvas print for 16x9 on the wall.

Hope y'all enjoy, I'd like to see others as well with any tips and tricks.

Nikon D3400
35mm prime lens
1.8f
15 second shutter
ISO: 1600-400
Manual focus of course

Corvallis/Philomath - looking east
You can see the stretch of Hwy 34 then Albany just up and to the left of that.
temporary.jpg

Looking northeast towards Hood
temporary.jpg

Looking north
temporary.jpg

Looking south
IMG_3858.JPG

Gorgeous man! Can't do that with a camera phone!

I always loved photography but never started doing it much.
Makes me mad now having kids and all our photos are with a iphone and half of them are kinda blurry, just enough to make it bad for printing.

Stupid technology

Gorgeous man! Can't do that with a camera phone!

I always loved photography but never started doing it much.
Makes me mad now having kids and all our photos are with a iphone and half of them are kinda blurry, just enough to make it bad for printing.

Stupid technology

It pains me when I see somebody taking photos with a cheap disposable cell phone knowing that the person in the photo will have four pixels for their nose and one for their eyes.

Watched a grandmother do it the other day. I almost said "can I use my 12MP camera phone. Trust me I'll send it to an email address you specify right now then delete it..."

Can't always carry a full sized camera around but I can keep it handy:

IMG_3860.jpg

Awesome shots! Great capture of the Milky Way! I haven't spent as much time with the DSLR as I used to. Probably time to break it out again.

I posted these on the eclipse thread - but I did take a chance to capture some shots of the sun on Monday. I was happy with a homemade filter holder to capture enough detail to actually get some sun spots - you can see 5 of them in the first photo and 3 in the third photo.

IMG_8757-2.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

IMG_8912.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews