JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I like XS Sights.

I have a big dot on my 1911.

I'm also putting a big dot on my G23.

If you're using it for target shooting though, as opposed to self defense, maybe consider standard dot (slightly smaller and doesn't dwarf the target at 20 yds).

Personally I like XS Sights.

I have a big dot on my 1911.

I'm also putting a big dot on my G23.

If you're using it for target shooting though, as opposed to self defense, maybe consider standard dot (slightly smaller and doesn't dwarf the target at 20 yds).

I'll offer another plus one for the Big Dot. I have standard Trijicon night sights on my Kimber and the front sight is hard to pick up quickly in the day time.

Honestly, if I had to do it all over, I'd just stick with stock or non-tritium Big Dot and buy a set of Crimson Trace laser grips. In a defensive situation, you most likely won't have much chance to get a real sight picture, especially at night.

A good hand held light and some laser grips will do you much more good. This opinion of mine was formed after taking several defensive and tactical shooting classes against the timer.

I thought otherwise when hearing my instructors, one is an active SEAL, and one is former Army Special Forces, saying they don't run night sights but prefer a light, and a good set of fiber optic sights. They also stated that if they were to run night sights, it would only be on the front as trying to align all three points and your adversary that fast would probably get you killed.

At 7 yards, which is sort of the industry standard, you won't have time to pick up your sight picture with someone rushing you or shooting at you.

I like Meprolight night sights over Trijicon. I like the fact that the front sight is much easier to pick up. Meprolights have a white outline around their sights and Trijicons don't.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top