JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi and thanks for looking at my post, I recently bought my wife a Gen4 Glock 26 and I own a Gen4 Glock 23. I am looking to have night sights installed on both guns, not just for the sake of night time use but just to make target acquisition alot quicker under pretty much any lighting senerio. I have a few ideas already but I am always looking for other opinions and input from others. What has worked for them type of thing from trial and error etc.. So any input would be apreciated! Once again thanks for sharing your 2 Cents!!

I have heard you can't go wrong with any of the major brands. People will swear by certain ones but they will all be bright enough to see at night. Most sights will be comparable in brightness, it's just finding out what style you want. I bought trijicons for my G19 yesterday because they are the lowest profile sights (less printing when CCW). I got a pretty good deal on them, $67.49 shipped. I made a thread on glocktalk to share the deal: <broken link removed>

I highly recommend the differential colored night sights from Trijicon.. it's somewhat easy to get all green night sights misaligned in the dark, especially if you're waking up to a break in at 3 AM

Our new G23 Glocks have the green front, orange/amber rear sights and we love 'em. Green is the brightest, amber next, yellow is the least bright

I highly recommend the differential colored night sights from Trijicon.. it's somewhat easy to get all green night sights misaligned in the dark, especially if you're waking up to a break in at 3 AM

Our new G23 Glocks have the green front, orange/amber rear sights and we love 'em. Green is the brightest, amber next, yellow is the least bright

This is excellent info.
I plan to replace the standard sights on my LC9 with these.

I don't think it is an issue. You have to hold the weapon with a much exaggerated rotation to misalign the front dot to either side of the rear dots. Also the colors other than green have a short glow life.

Meprolights are larger and brighter than Trijicon but are not a crisp and clean. I personally prefer XS Big Dots and put them on everything from my Glocks, AKs and shotguns. Same very fast sight picture for all platforms. BTW don't let anyone tell you they are inaccurate.

In the pitch black and you a bit groggy I assure you it is easy to misalign the sights to such a small degree that they are nearly off target. The problem with all-green sights is the three tritium vials all have the same shape and color. Trijicon had good tactical reason to produce these sights

Just want to say thank you to all of you for your input. I am researching into the sights you have all mentioned. I have to admit I do like the idea of using the differnt color combo set up I would tend to agree, waking from a dead sleep it would take any doubt out of the equation..

I disagree. The reason for different colors is so the front sight will stand out not for alignment. Since the front sight should be the focus point it is always green (the brightest color). This is one reason I prefer Big Dots, the front sight is un-missable.

Do a little test, obtain a normal sight picture, then bend your wrist to place the front sight into ane outside position and you will see how far the pistol is from a natural hold. I could never see myself making this mistake accidentally and holding my weapon in such an awkward position.

Obviously a lot of shooters disagree with you on that, including Trijicon itself

Laser for me!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Do a little test, obtain a normal sight picture, then bend your wrist to place the front sight into ane outside position and you will see how far the pistol is from a natural hold. I could never see myself making this mistake accidentally and holding my weapon in such an awkward position.

I 100% agree with you. The gun wouldn't even be pointed anywhere near where you were trying to shoot. Everytime I see those comments I think the same thing you do.

In any case though, a "bump in the night" scenario would probably not even involve looking down the sights.

I agree with titsonritz. I initially wanted to get a red front sight and green or yellow rears until I learned about the brightness differences, lifespan, and the fact you have to have a seriously misaligned hold to get the front sight outside of the rears to the point where it looks like a proper 3-dot hold. You have to purposely turn the muzzle way off target to get that front sight outside the rears and even then the sight picture doesn't look right and definitely doesn't feel right.
FWIW, I have meprolights and Trijicons and can't tell any noticeable difference between the two.

I have two brands on my guns. On a couple are Trijicon, and on others are SX 24/7, including a set on my AR. Both are top notch and work well for what they were designed to do. Both companies honor their warranties, and have replaced the lamps when they start to go dim.

I went with Diamond Night Sights for my G30.
<broken link removed>
Made right here in the NW.
These things really jump at you in any lighting condition. Vials are Trijicon.
I went with the green front/white rear combo:
diamonf-f.png diamonf-r.png

In any case though, a "bump in the night" scenario would probably not even involve looking down the sights.

Laser = put the dot on target, no need to look at the sights at all.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Laser = put the dot on target, no need to look at the sights at all.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
South West Washington Arms Collector member

+1

I am a recent convert to lasergrips for my CCW and home defense gun, for the reason stated above and that nothing says "stop or I'll shoot" better than a red dot on on the bad guy's chest.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top