Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Night Sight recomendations??

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by r1easy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. r1easy

r1easy tacoma Member

Hi and thanks for looking at my post, I recently bought my wife a Gen4 Glock 26 and I own a Gen4 Glock 23. I am looking to have night sights installed on both guns, not just for the sake of night time use but just to make target acquisition alot quicker under pretty much any lighting senerio. I have a few ideas already but I am always looking for other opinions and input from others. What has worked for them type of thing from trial and error etc.. So any input would be apreciated! Once again thanks for sharing your 2 Cents!!

2. BlackGuns

BlackGuns WA Member

I have heard you can't go wrong with any of the major brands. People will swear by certain ones but they will all be bright enough to see at night. Most sights will be comparable in brightness, it's just finding out what style you want. I bought trijicons for my G19 yesterday because they are the lowest profile sights (less printing when CCW). I got a pretty good deal on them, $67.49 shipped. I made a thread on glocktalk to share the deal: Trijicons for $67.49 Shipped - Glock Talk

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I highly recommend the differential colored night sights from Trijicon.. it's somewhat easy to get all green night sights misaligned in the dark, especially if you're waking up to a break in at 3 AM

Our new G23 Glocks have the green front, orange/amber rear sights and we love 'em. Green is the brightest, amber next, yellow is the least bright

4. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

This is excellent info.
    I plan to replace the standard sights on my LC9 with these.

5. Blitzkrieg

In the pitch black and you a bit groggy I assure you it is easy to misalign the sights to such a small degree that they are nearly off target. The problem with all-green sights is the three tritium vials all have the same shape and color. Trijicon had good tactical reason to produce these sights

6. r1easy

r1easy tacoma Member

Just want to say thank you to all of you for your input. I am researching into the sights you have all mentioned. I have to admit I do like the idea of using the differnt color combo set up I would tend to agree, waking from a dead sleep it would take any doubt out of the equation..

7. r1easy

r1easy tacoma Member

that is a good point about the grip, I tried it and I can see exactly what you mean

8. Blitzkrieg

Obviously a lot of shooters disagree with you on that, including Trijicon itself

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Laser for me!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
    Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
    John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

10. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Thing I don't like about the pretty different colors is they don't last as long. I think the fiberoptic backed up with the tritium are my favorites although they get a bit longer, they are real nice in daylight or dark

11. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

12. BlackGuns

BlackGuns WA Member

I 100% agree with you. The gun wouldn't even be pointed anywhere near where you were trying to shoot. Everytime I see those comments I think the same thing you do.

In any case though, a "bump in the night" scenario would probably not even involve looking down the sights.

13. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I agree with titsonritz. I initially wanted to get a red front sight and green or yellow rears until I learned about the brightness differences, lifespan, and the fact you have to have a seriously misaligned hold to get the front sight outside of the rears to the point where it looks like a proper 3-dot hold. You have to purposely turn the muzzle way off target to get that front sight outside the rears and even then the sight picture doesn't look right and definitely doesn't feel right.
    FWIW, I have meprolights and Trijicons and can't tell any noticeable difference between the two.

14. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

15. BlackGuns

BlackGuns WA Member

Meprolight makes adjustable Night Sights

16. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

I have two brands on my guns. On a couple are Trijicon, and on others are SX 24/7, including a set on my AR. Both are top notch and work well for what they were designed to do. Both companies honor their warranties, and have replaced the lamps when they start to go dim.

17. jaybird013

jaybird013 Florida Member

I have Trijicon, Meprolight, and 24/7 XS. They are all good, it's just personal preference IMHO.

18. taroman

taroman Willamette Valley Active Member

I went with Diamond Night Sights for my G30.
    Diamond Night Sights - Glock
    Made right here in the NW.
    These things really jump at you in any lighting condition. Vials are Trijicon.
    I went with the green front/white rear combo:
    diamonf-f.png diamonf-r.png

19. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Laser = put the dot on target, no need to look at the sights at all.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
    Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
    John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    South West Washington Arms Collector member

20. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

+1

I am a recent convert to lasergrips for my CCW and home defense gun, for the reason stated above and that nothing says "stop or I'll shoot" better than a red dot on on the bad guy's chest.