Night shooting

Savage Jav

Reactions
Hey yall just finishing up a my "night fighting gun" and looking to try it out (Probably only a couple hundred round because of the ammo crunch). Short of heading deep into the Mt Hood forest any suggestions on places to go? I have a decent amount of experience with NV, just not my own personal set up. Any tips for places would be great TY.

Update: Since someone will ask. Perst 3 with a surfire scout pro. Waiting for my mount to come in for my Comp M5(should be next couple days)

IMG_5146[1].JPG

IMG_5146[1].JPG

Last edited:

TTSX

Reactions
Unless you know somebody who owns decent acreage, you're pretty much gonna have to go out into the woods, and I'd suggest thoroughly scouting out where and make damn sure there's not gonna be someone camping a hundred yards away. Even with backstops, things happen and your visibility is going to be poor from the start. Don't know that I can help much, just giving my thoughts

OP
S

Savage Jav

Reactions
Unless you know somebody who owns decent acreage, you're pretty much gonna have to go out into the woods, and I'd suggest thoroughly scouting out where and make damn sure there's not gonna be someone camping a hundred yards away. Even with backstops, things happen and your visibility is going to be poor from the start. Don't know that I can help much, just giving my thoughts
Of course gotta be safe. I have a couples to check out.

OP
S

Savage Jav

Reactions
Of course gotta be safe. I have a couples to check out.
Yould be suprised how good gen 3 night vision is too

MfnLeadFarmer

Reactions
COSSA in Bend is open 24hrs a day to members and their guests. They even have a shoot house. If you know anyone with a membership, hit them up.

OP
S

Savage Jav

Reactions
Are you looking to shoot at a range at night or run around the woods? Were you thinking like 6:00pm or 1:00am ?
Either, I tend to lean more twards woods. I dont know alot of places that will let you do this unless you know someone or are LEO.

Reactions
its illegal to target shoot 30 minutes from sunset to before sunrise on public lands.

Technically...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Another sterling experience A+
    Tyler is a great man and this place is a treasure. Reasonable fees and excellent service. Kind and polite. No BS. I will keep coming back.
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
Top Bottom