Night shooting

Savage Jav

Reactions
Hey yall just finishing up a my "night fighting gun" and looking to try it out (Probably only a couple hundred round because of the ammo crunch). Short of heading deep into the Mt Hood forest any suggestions on places to go? I have a decent amount of experience with NV, just not my own personal set up. Any tips for places would be great TY.

Update: Since someone will ask. Perst 3 with a surfire scout pro. Waiting for my mount to come in for my Comp M5(should be next couple days)

IMG_5146[1].JPG

IMG_5146[1].JPG

Last edited:

TTSX

Reactions
Unless you know somebody who owns decent acreage, you're pretty much gonna have to go out into the woods, and I'd suggest thoroughly scouting out where and make damn sure there's not gonna be someone camping a hundred yards away. Even with backstops, things happen and your visibility is going to be poor from the start. Don't know that I can help much, just giving my thoughts

OP
S

Savage Jav

Reactions
Unless you know somebody who owns decent acreage, you're pretty much gonna have to go out into the woods, and I'd suggest thoroughly scouting out where and make damn sure there's not gonna be someone camping a hundred yards away. Even with backstops, things happen and your visibility is going to be poor from the start. Don't know that I can help much, just giving my thoughts
Of course gotta be safe. I have a couples to check out.

OP
S

Savage Jav

Reactions
Of course gotta be safe. I have a couples to check out.
Yould be suprised how good gen 3 night vision is too

MfnLeadFarmer

Reactions
COSSA in Bend is open 24hrs a day to members and their guests. They even have a shoot house. If you know anyone with a membership, hit them up.

OP
S

Savage Jav

Reactions
Are you looking to shoot at a range at night or run around the woods? Were you thinking like 6:00pm or 1:00am ?
Either, I tend to lean more twards woods. I dont know alot of places that will let you do this unless you know someone or are LEO.

Reactions
its illegal to target shoot 30 minutes from sunset to before sunrise on public lands.

Technically...

UPCOMING EVENTS

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Professional business
    This business has been my go to transfer dealer for years. Best you can find in Washington County
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
Top Bottom