JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Posting for those who might be concerned about varmints in their food stockpile.

https://amzn.to/3DfGkPP

PS: Does not work for larger rats such as politicians.

This here is the best rat trap for the likes of politicians such as Biden….. go on in chief, her hair smells fantastic!

847C807F-6731-4AAF-8B2E-51F9AF7B1E83.jpeg

Read the negative reviews. 13% negatives means POS to me.
Had a cat. Coyotes got 'im. Rats started living under my shed.
Cat gone, have a lively owl population now. No more rats.
Circle of life schtuff....

The Chicoms copied that guy's design 5-min after he launched it and then tried to sell it on Amazon
They didn't copy him. They first charged him for the machining to make the injection molds. Now 1% of the parts off the line go to his sales, the rest to Amazon vendors, namely the CHN Military.

Pic was taken one spring 9-10 years ago when rodents were epidemic.

That red gaffer tape at the top is where a yardstick ramp up from the floor fastens to the "diving platform" on one side. Peanut butter stripe around the can is chunky variety, but I assume creamy would work as well. For 2-3 weeks, I found daily evidence that there had been a swim meet in my garage the night before. But alas, I had missed the festivities.

IMG_2248.JPG

Last Edited:
Pic was taken one spring 9-10 years ago when rodents were epidemic.

That red gaffer tape at the top is where a yardstick ramp up from the floor fastens to the "diving platform" on one side. Peanut butter stripe around the can is chunky variety, but I assume creamy would work as well. For 2-3 weeks, I found daily evidence that there had been a swim meet in my garage the night before. But alas, I had missed the festivities.

View attachment 1044122

I've heard of people putting salt on the bottom of the bucket. Supposedly it pulls the moisture out of the bodies quicker so it is more of a "humane" kill.

Read the negative reviews. 13% negatives means POS to me.
Had a cat. Coyotes got 'im. Rats started living under my shed.
Cat gone, have a lively owl population now. No more rats.
Circle of life schtuff....

They didn't copy him. They first charged him for the machining to make the injection molds. Now 1% of the parts off the line go to his sales, the rest to Amazon vendors, namely the CHN Military.

Been there, tried older versions of the above along with the soda bottle trick. Either they don't work or we have the smartest mice/rats around. Most effective trap out of all the ones I've built/tried (aside from a cat/predator): standard, run of the mill rat trap set with peanut butter. Fancy "dunk the rat" traps, etc never caught one. Caught ONE with the soda bottle with peanut butter. But those old school rat traps? At least one of three had done it's job every day I'd go check.

vp_us_bm201_1_1_.png

Been there, tried older versions of the above along with the soda bottle trick. Either they don't work or we have the smartest mice/rats around. Most effective trap out of all the ones I've built/tried (aside from a cat/predator): standard, run of the mill rat trap set with peanut butter. Fancy "dunk the rat" traps, etc never caught one. Caught ONE with the soda bottle with peanut butter. But those old school rat traps? At least one of three had done it's job every day I'd go check.
I haven't tried anything like the device shown in the OP. And likely won't for the price. I've caught mice by accident in a plastic waste basket which is about the same principle. My best work has been with spring traps. Likewise, I've found that simple peanut butter is the best bait. I lived in a wooded area, there are rodents around. I keep them out of structures and have traps outside and in. If you are successful with the outside traps as I have been, the indoor traps remain empty. Sometimes the outside traps disappear, who knows where they go. I've drilled holes in them before and staked them to the ground. Once in a while, I'll find one some distance away. Occasionally, one of my relocated rat traps will have a squirrel skeleton in it. I have a couple of vehicles that are under car ports but not walled. One is mouse-proof; the other has gotten a mouse in it a couple of times. I've left spring traps in that car and caught them. You don't want mice to linger in a car, then have to smell mouse pee forever. In recent years, I've staked out those little bait traps with green poison blocks in them, rat and mouse size. The mice go to those first, eat and die, never get in the car now.

The other day, I was talking to my long-time pal in NM, he was telling me he had to get some storage boxes for .223 he planned to load. At present, he said he was using Mason jars with lids screwed on. The reason for the lids was to keep the mouse pee out. My thinking was, "I don't want them in the structure to give them a chance to pee on my ammo."

I currently have 6 members of my RRDS (Roving Rodent Death Squad). All 6 are Rat Terriers. I don't have to place, bait or clean traps when I have them taking care of business. Each and every one of them is a fearsome rodent killing machine and are more effective than any cat I've ever seen. They patrol the property every moment they're awake and do a fantastic job. I'd highly recommend one or more depending on the size of the area you have to control.

I ordered one as soon as you posted this and it should be here tomorrow. Haven't had rats for a few years but they're back under the house now. They're ignoring the snap traps. I have The Ratinator but they're ignoring that one this time. It's probably because I set it under the house a few years ago and forgot about it. When I finally checked it, was just fur and rat skeletons left.

I have used poison (seems to be taken, hard to know if it is effective though), glue traps (somewhat effective, but some mice seem to know to avoid them) and some good old spring mouse traps (plastic with stainless are the best IMO) that are somewhat effective, but some mice avoid them and some can take the bait and trip the trap without getting caught.

The tip them into the bucket trap has had no mice since I put it out some months ago; I put peanut butter in the trap, and water in the bucket to drown them. Nothing - but then I have not seen mice or new mice sign inside the house in months - we did a lot of cleanup for about a month and removed a lot of damaged things, including food they got into. I also put steel wool around the dryer vent hole which I am sure mice were using to get into the house, so maybe that was adequate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top