JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snailtrail77 said:
JB arms 3 days as well. Northwest armory is ran by weak money loving tyrants

Disagree, both Tigard and Milwaukie have honored the 3-day role and have gone above and beyond and I made quite a few purchases from recently, always via the 3-day.

I would never shop at northwest dormitory. I was delayed for 5 months and when I brought the 3 day law to their attention I was scoffed at and told they could be held liable by not waiting for OSP approval. They then never contacted me once my background check did clear out of spite of their policy change which was only done because they started losing money to other shops.

They were upset I was correct. I was then told to come back in to redo the background check 5 months later after i was finally contacted and told I was charged a restocking fee and that the gun i put a BGC on had been sold. It is impossible to get ahold of anyone at the shop and i have waitied for 9 month for no reason and was never contacted. Talk about a clown show. The owners are weak and pathetic losers who do not stand up for gun owners and never have.

They have delayed me a total of over one year and 3 months over the last few years of me makimg purchases and for no reason other than their own idiocy and stupidity. they blamed the state for my delay. I find it hilarious them and all these other weak and pathetic gun shops are now doing 3 day transfers when it has been the law the entire time. Making people wait months and years for their firearms for over 20 years of being in business. O but now they want to follow state law. Clowns. use their site to scope out prices and then contact other shops in Idaho or Nevada that will beat their prices by 100 or more.

Since december i have decided to make a yearly list and when I go to Nevada or Idaho on a visit I get what I need same day. No more waiting for me. Christmas is christmas every year now thanks to OSP. I will never buy a gun in Oregon again and the main reason is do to oregon gun registration. Everything you buy is in a database and 114 makes database permanent. Enjoy your rifle while you still can.
Negative, NW Armory honored the 5 day rule for me as well as a few ppl I know. They are onboard with this...at least the Tigard location did

I would never shop at northwest dormitory. I was delayed for 5 months and when I brought the 3 day law to their attention I was scoffed at and told they could be held liable by not waiting for OSP approval. They then never contacted me once my background check did clear out of spite of their policy change which was only done because they started losing money to other shops.

They were upset I was correct. I was then told to come back in to redo the background check 5 months later after i was finally contacted and told I was charged a restocking fee and that the gun i put a BGC on had been sold. It is impossible to get ahold of anyone at the shop and i have waitied for 9 month for no reason and was never contacted. Talk about a clown show. The owners are weak and pathetic losers who do not stand up for gun owners and never have.

They have delayed me a total of over one year and 3 months over the last few years of me makimg purchases and for no reason other than their own idiocy and stupidity. they blamed the state for my delay. I find it hilarious them and all these other weak and pathetic gun shops are now doing 3 day transfers when it has been the law the entire time. Making people wait months and years for their firearms for over 20 years of being in business. O but now they want to follow state law. Clowns. use their site to scope out prices and then contact other shops in Idaho or Nevada that will beat their prices by 100 or more.

Since december i have decided to make a yearly list and when I go to Nevada or Idaho on a visit I get what I need same day. No more waiting for me. Christmas is christmas every year now thanks to OSP. I will never buy a gun in Oregon again and the main reason is do to oregon gun registration. Everything you buy is in a database and 114 makes database permanent. Enjoy your rifle while you still can.
We're allowed to buy guns out of state? Wasn't sure but hell that's a good reason to take a trip to Boise.

We're allowed to buy guns out of state? Wasn't sure but hell that's a good reason to take a trip to Boise.
Long guns*.

Handguns must be transferred in the state of residence. ie, yah you could buy a handgun on a trip, however it would have to shipped to an FFL in your state of residence for transfer.

Nothing new there.

*As far as long guns go, shops in your travels must follow the state of residence laws. Oregon residents are ok (ATM). Washington residents not so much due to the Washington semiautomatic long gun crud.

You really shouldn't hold your feelings in like that. Tell us how you really feel. Okay?

Yeah, some lucky people get instants, congratulations! Luckily for the rest of us many locally owned stores still do the 3 day release, off to NW Armory to pick up some toys today!

Not sure how people getting instant approval helps with knowing the current wait time but good to know some people have better luck than others.
Only way it helps IMO is to know instant approvals are still happening (and if we had enough data -which we don't- then it would tell us if there are more or fewer instants than normal).

If all of a sudden instant approvals stop then that would be indicative of something new going on, such as tabling bgcs for a new m114 permit process.

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD STRICTLY WHAT THE CURRENT WAIT IS. No one cares about your instant approvals, we want to know what the current cue time OSP has as they continue to infringe on us in this state.

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD STRICTLY WHAT THE CURRENT WAIT IS. No one cares about your instant approvals, we want to know what the current cue time OSP has as they continue to infringe on us in this state.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Only way it helps IMO is to know instant approvals are still happening (and if we had enough data -which we don't- then it would tell us if there are more or fewer instants than normal).

If all of a sudden instant approvals stop then that would be indicative of something new going on, such as tabling bgcs for a new m114 permit process.
^^^^ :s0155:

Started check on Jan 27. Just got an approval this morning! CHL with no SSN given and a common last name.

BTW, My pronouns are sassy and infringed. Glad I wasn't in dire need of a firearm to protect my life. I would have been dead weeks ago!

You really shouldn't hold your feelings in like that. Tell us how you really feel. Okay?
Well A: He got screwed over by a scummy shop it's fair game to complain.
B: not all shops do the 3 day rule because they are chickens/intimidated by OSP, and don't call it in because they are lazy
C: Did I go on the wrong tab? Thought this was about current NICS wait and it's almost a entire page not about it? I'm just debating on if I should wait till I move to buy this handgun I want or if the NICS has chilled in oregon a bit.

I'm in Linn County. Just picked up my new Mossberg 590A1 from my FFL this evening. It barely took him half-an-hour to call in my background check. I have no CHL. It arrived this afternoon, he sent me a text and I drove over to his house, filled out the paperwork, then drove 8 miles home and had some dinner. And then at 10 tonight I was back over at his house picking it up (he does nightly call-ins when the phone lines aren't so busy).

Easy peasy.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews